ADVERTISEMENT

I miss Mooney Weeks!

Max_Power

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
On Lathon, I heard that NU made the right call. That's all I got.

I did survey possible guards and I came up with a question - Since Ivy Leagues don't offer National Letter of Intent, could a kid committed to an Ivy walk away any time prior to enrolling?

Last edited:
Reactions: NUThump

I did survey look for possible guards and I came up with a question - Since Ivy Leagues don't offer National Letter of Intent, could a kid committed to an Ivy walk away any time prior to enrolling?

I don't think they could just walk if they signed paperwork (i.e. an offer of admission, financial aid, etc.). That essentially makes a player "enrolled" and therefore subject to transfer rules.

My understanding is they are not "enrolled" until they attend the first day of class. Thus, if they haven't signed an LOI, they are not "committed" until they show up for class. Of course, a lot of these kids attend summer school and may have already attended class, or will shortly.

I did survey possible guards and I came up with a question - Since Ivy Leagues don't offer National Letter of Intent, could a kid committed to an Ivy walk away any time prior to enrolling?
Makes you wonder if Moony's decision would have been different had the news on Lathon come out a week or two earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT