ADVERTISEMENT

I think Jace James makes plays in 2017

epicbret

Jan 27, 2005
Was thinking of 2017 players from IL that could play next year as FR, and seeing Jace play numerous times this year (plus noting our need at WR) I have grown to REALLY like his potential for the Cats. He's not JJ, but he made similar game-changing plays all season for Glenbard North. He's got size and speed, and a knack for coming down with the ball. Like JJ, he's also a great mind, so the curve is likely lessened as it was for JJ.

I am the same guy who liked Malin Jones, but knew less about him outside of film.

I hope you're right about Jace Jones. I didn't really care much for Malin Jones's film.

Was thinking of 2017 players from IL that could play next year as FR, and seeing Jace play numerous times this year (plus noting our need at WR) I have grown to REALLY like his potential for the Cats. He's not JJ, but he made similar game-changing plays all season for Glenbard North. He's got size and speed, and a knack for coming down with the ball. Like JJ, he's also a great mind, so the curve is likely lessened as it was for JJ.

I am the same guy who liked Malin Jones, but knew less about him outside of film.

Wait, are you the same guy as the one having the meltdown?

And I beg to differ, but Jace James is JJ as well. And I don't know who this Jace Jones is talking about, but he's JJ too. Unless, Jace isn't his given name and it's Roy or Indiana, which in that case he'd be RJ or IJ.

Bret,

Your posts are truly Epic. It is great news to read your first hand reports about players and hear the excitement in the tone of your words. Jace James may very well be a sleeper in this year's class. After viewing his senior highlights, I see the cause for your excitement. First, I love kids who play two ways. James' film shows him making big plays at WR AND CB. He makes difficult catches on both sides of the ball, and exhibits exceptional body control. He strikes me as one of those heady guys who is always around the ball.

But above all, James may possess that certain "je ne sais quoi" that comes from having two first names. Over the years, men like John Wayne and George Michael have exhibited near mystical qualities that led them to great accomplishments in their field.

Wildcat fans: do not sleep on Jace James!

Does any one know if it is pronounced Jace or Ja Ce. I hope it is Jace. I have an irrational problem with alternative pronunciations of names unless it is from a foreign language. I'm working on it.

Bret,

Your posts are truly Epic. It is great news to read your first hand reports about players and hear the excitement in the tone of your words. Jace James may very well be a sleeper in this year's class. After viewing his senior highlights, I see the cause for your excitement. First, I love kids who play two ways. James' film shows him making big plays at WR AND CB. He makes difficult catches on both sides of the ball, and exhibits exceptional body control. He strikes me as one of those heady guys who is always around the ball.

But above all, James may possess that certain "je ne sais quoi" that comes from having two first names. Over the years, men like John Wayne and George Michael have exhibited near mystical qualities that led them to great accomplishments in their field.

Wildcat fans: do not sleep on Jace James!

It's just my name.

I was lucky to see a bunch of him because I can walk to see him play. I plan on watching a few more games on Hudl that were on the road.

The thing I like best is his ball skills, and ability to go get it. His awareness also impresses. You cannot measure it, but you see it in how he breaks on balls on defense and anticipates defenders on offense. I also expect him to move up some in Edgy's rankings. I pressed him but he's not released the final 2017 list so we shall see. Tim knows his stuff, great foresight in evals.

Does any one know if it is pronounced Jace or Ja Ce. I hope it is Jace. I have an irrational problem with alternative pronunciations of names unless it is from a foreign language. I'm working on it.

I hope it's Ja-Cee and if he plays defense, we can say Ja-Cee James robbed JT Barrett in Indy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT