ADVERTISEMENT

I think that is THE Jonathan Loyd!

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
Who we almost landed as a point guard when Juice Thompson was a senior. Fowler said the Oregon punt returner was point guard on their basketball team and his bio says he is from Las Vegas which is where the Johnny Lloyd we were recruiting was from. He was the first choice and when that didn't work out we got Dave Sobolewski. I had no idea he played football. Too bad we missed on him.

Originally posted by DocCatsFan:
Who we almost landed as a point guard when Juice Thompson was a senior. Fowler said the Oregon punt returner was point guard on their basketball team and his bio says he is from Las Vegas which is where the Johnny Lloyd we were recruiting was from. He was the first choice and when that didn't work out we got Dave Sobolewski. I had no idea he played football. Too bad we missed on him.
Yup, you're right: I saw his uniquely spelled name "Loyd" during one of their regular season games and was curious if it was one and the same.

Per the attached link, it is: he's using his fifth year of eligibility to play football, much like that PG from Duke that transferred to Syracuse to play QB (Paulus?).

Any chance Cobb could suit up and play WR for the gridiron Cats next season??

Johnathon Loyd reading for football season

Cobb's body is beat up and is barely holding together enough to put him on the floor for substantial minutes on the floor. I doubt he would be up for getting hammered on the gridiron.

Yea, I know. Wishful thinking that we could pull a tall, playmaking receiver from Collins's camp...

Maybe Vince Scott has eligibility left? Davide Curletti? Mike Turner? The options are endless!!

I wonder if it is the same kind of injury situation. Do BB injuries and FB injuries actually line up or is the stress very different?

320, what about Sobo at CB, since he is such a seasoned, shut down defender?

ADVERTISEMENT