ADVERTISEMENT

I thought it would be bad. It's much worse.

We have 3 guys, maybe, who deserve to be in major college basketball. One of them is a lacrosse player.

A team that had NEVER WON A GAME as a Division 1 program came in and was clearly the better team. And this is Year 7 of Chris Collins. I don't wonder if he can be the answer anymore. I just wonder if ANYONE can be.

We’re just celebrating the 20-year anniversary of the 99-00 season by fielding a team that might somehow be worse.

We have 3 guys, maybe, who deserve to be in major college basketball. One of them is a lacrosse player ...

After a few days, can we say this declaration of three guys is a bit over the top? If not, who are the seven guys who don't belong in major college basketball?

Don't get me wrong. That was a trainwreck on Friday night, but let's not make it worse than it realistically is.

There was a whole lot of mediocrity on Friday night. But a big group of "blah" doesn't get you very far. Most of these rotation guys still would have a place on many major programs, especially if NU over the last 10-20 years is the low bar for the definition of a major program.

I actually thought Nance looked terrible. He was sloppy with the ball and slowed the offense. I know he put up good numbers but it just didn’t click. Spencer can play that’s for sure. I really don’t understand the lack of Jones in the second half. Young is not our answer and outside of a sloppy turnover Young looked solid in the first half.

I thought this was one of the better assessments.

I agree with you on Nance. He had 19 pts, but really he should have been in the high 20s ... easily.

Spencer is nice on offense, but did anyone else notice that ole defense? In the best of all worlds, I'd like to see him off the bench, but there aren't better options for now.

Buie is my hope, but he's a little lost on defense right now also. In fact, the defense from all the guards was abysmal.

I don't get the Jones thing either, especially considering how horrible Young's hands were. I hope it was a one-game thing.

Gaines was disappointing even for my low bar on him. But I think he's playing through something with his shoulder.

And lord help me, but that was the same Kopp we saw last year. That can't happen.

In general, these guys have NO ... ZERO ... NADA sense of hustle and urgency.

I'll stop there, and hope for better.

I thought this was one of the better assessments.

I agree with you on Nance. He had 19 pts, but really he should have been in the high 20s ... easily.

Spencer is nice on offense, but did anyone else notice that ole defense? In the best of all worlds, I'd like to see him off the bench, but there aren't better options for now.

Buie is my hope, but he's a little lost on defense right now also. In fact, the defense from all the guards was abysmal.

I don't get the Jones thing either, especially considering how horrible Young's hands were. I hope it was a one-game thing.

Gaines was disappointing even for my low bar on him. But I think he's playing through something with his shoulder.

And lord help me, but that was the same Kopp we saw last year. That can't happen.

In general, these guys have NO ... ZERO ... NADA sense of hustle and urgency.

I'll stop there, and hope for better.

I was watching Spencer on D...thought he was staying in front of his guy, showed some quickness. The PG I really liked on D was Greer, thought he played well.

Good point, Fitzphile. Let's not forget Merrimack's 45% shooting. :mad:

But Medill, let's watch all three players for another game or two, and see if we come to some agreement.

After a few days, can we say this declaration of three guys is a bit over the top? If not, who are the seven guys who don't belong in major college basketball?

Don't get me wrong. That was a trainwreck on Friday night, but let's not make it worse than it realistically is.

There was a whole lot of mediocrity on Friday night. But a big group of "blah" doesn't get you very far. Most of these rotation guys still would have a place on many major programs, especially if NU over the last 10-20 years is the low bar for the definition of a major program.

I'll let you know in about 3 hours

Of course I was way over the top Friday. But, to be fair, getting your clock cleaned in crunch time by a team in its first year of D1 will do that to you. Today has been ups and downs .... but at least there have been ups! There wasn't even that on Friday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT