ADVERTISEMENT

I wish Football had the same goals as our Golf

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
Eric Gleacher said. "Winning was and is the ultimate goal, which motivated our efforts 20 years ago and continues to motivate us today."

Fitz focus seems to be on just graduating players. Didn't Dennis Green do that? Hell, hire Hungry Jack, he could probably do the job part time and just make sure the players graduate.

OT: Our woman's basketball team, coming off a deep tournament run last year, is looking good. Fresh off a Marquette win.

Eric Gleacher said. "Winning was and is the ultimate goal, which motivated our efforts 20 years ago and continues to motivate us today."

Fitz focus seems to be on just graduating players.
Didn't NU win their Division just last season? Or am I just imagining that?

Reactions: DaCat
No, NU defense won a division last year in spite of the offense.
But that wasn't Turk's point: he said Fitz doesn't have the same goal as Golf, which I believe is false. We probably disagree with how Fitz is going about it (strong D, conservative O) but Turk is just wrong that the goals are different.

Reactions: gocatsgo2003
But that wasn't Turk's point: he said Fitz doesn't have the same goal as Golf, which I believe is false. We probably disagree with how Fitz is going about it (strong D, conservative O) but Turk is just wrong that the goals are different.

I wasn’t responding to the OP. I was responding to you.

Fitz focus seems to be on just graduating players. Didn't Dennis Green do that? Hell, hire Hungry Jack, he could probably do the job part time and just make sure the players graduate.

OT: Our woman's basketball team, coming off a deep tournament run last year, is looking good. Fresh off a Marquette win.
Most of the time I hear Fitz saying that it’s about winning championships!

Sorry Turk. My playing days at NU we’re marked by mediocrity. The rugby team had more ties than wins and the hockey team was like the Charleston Chiefs. But it’s nice to be wanted.
I started on the Northwestern wrestling team in 1980 as a true frosh and we were ranked 18th in the nation. We are ranked 14th right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT