ADVERTISEMENT

If Sullivan started the entire year, how many wins would nU have?

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
At least five! We are as good as any team in the Big Ten West with Sullivan at the helm!

Possibly no change in the W-L column. One possibility Late in the SIU game Hilinski had a sack-fumble at our own 10 that led to a TD (which was their margin of victory), maybe that doesn’t happen if Sullivan avoids a sack.
Perhaps Miami OH would have been a better potential as we may have scored more with Sullivan running the ball some.

Reactions: drewjin
We might have to subtract the Nebraska victory if we had an inexperienced quarterback starting the first game of the season. Could Sullivan's mobility made a difference a difference in the Miami (OH) and Southern Illinois games, maybe? Duke again might be a wash because what you gain in Sullivan's mobility might be lost in again having an inexperienced quarterback going up against a credible Power 5 program. So let's say we would have a net gain of 1 for 2 season victories.

I think Sullivan should have replaced Hillinski after the pick-6 that was called back in the SIU game. Hillinski was just brutal in that game but he had been good against Nebraska so I suppose that's why it wasn't done. With him in there, I think we would have won that and the Miami game, but not sure. Anyway, he at least makes the games fun to watch again.

Reactions: drewjin
1 more. I think NU beats Miami more comfortably. It would have helped NU beat SIU, but SIU was up two scores until a garbage time YD so it’s no sure thing. It might have cost NU the Nebraska win where Hilinski played well. So on average, no change.

zed,nil,zippo,goose egg,zero,0,none, love , nada,..........................

1 more. I think NU beats Miami more comfortably. It would have helped NU beat SIU, but SIU was up two scores until a garbage time YD so it’s no sure thing. It might have cost NU the Nebraska win where Hilinski played well. So on average, no change.
The score was tied when Hillinski's pick-6 was called back. It was right at the start of a dismal second half for the offense. Hillinski had missed a wide open Danny Navarro 20 yards behind the defense in the first half. I think that might have been an opportunity to see what Sullivan could do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT