ADVERTISEMENT

If we somehow beat Minnesota we could create chaos at top of West

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
Yes unlikely but if Minnesota QB out you never know.

And Wisconsin beats Minny a week later.

Could conceivably be Minny, Wisconsin, Iowa, and jeez even Illinois at 3 losses (unless we upset them too)

Not going to bother with tiebreakers when NU not involved.

Could conceivably be Minny, Wisconsin, Iowa, and jeez even Illinois at 3 losses (unless we upset them too)

Keep dreaming!

Reactions: phatcat
Our offense did not score against that god awful team today in the whole first quarter. We are not going to win another game this year.

Reactions: Rodenthater
I would love nothing more than to beat Minny. I would take a 63-0 loss to Lovie if it meant beating Minny. But we just have too many injuries/guys out. Our initial 2 starting QBs, our top WR, our top 2 RBs (I believe Drake was #3), 2 other RBs (Brown and McGowan), our top CB, both starting DEs. Probably some others I've missed.

Reactions: rmndcat
I would love nothing more than to beat Minny. I would take a 63-0 loss to Lovie if it meant beating Minny. But we just have too many injuries/guys out. Our initial 2 starting QBs, our top WR, our top 2 RBs (I believe Drake was #3), 2 other RBs (Brown and McGowan), our top CB, both starting DEs. Probably some others I've missed.
Unfortunately, To use a word from the now self exiled Mike Webb, Minny will Boatrace NU next week.

It would not surprise me at all if we beat Minnesota next weekend and then lost to Illinois by 30 the week after that...because...college football...and Northwestern...

Reactions: catman2
It would not surprise me at all if we beat Minnesota next weekend and then lost to Illinois by 30 the week after that...because...college football...and Northwestern...
I don’t know how we would ever score enough to win?
Maybe if there was two feet of snow and we won 2-0 on a Joe Gaz safety.

I don’t know how we would ever score enough to win?
Maybe if there was two feet of snow and we won 2-0 on a Joe Gaz safety.

Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't bet a dime on us winning this game, but that's sort of the fun, beauty, and chaos that is college football. I can imagine things like bad weather taking Minny's offense down a notch, our defense playing it's best game of the season with a pick six, an injury or two to their defenders which gives us just enough life in a running game...it's why we go to the trouble of actually playing the games.

Not Happening. Even if Minny has to play Fleck at QB.
If not for that blocked kick, we would have went to the lockerroom down to UMass.
We have a few High School teams in Wisconsin that might be able to beat this poorly coached NU team.
Every Barnett or Walker team would have beat this team like a drum.

Awful recruiting and pitiful coaching.

Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't bet a dime on us winning this game, but that's sort of the fun, beauty, and chaos that is college football. I can imagine things like bad weather taking Minny's offense down a notch, our defense playing it's best game of the season with a pick six, an injury or two to their defenders which gives us just enough life in a running game...it's why we go to the trouble of actually playing the games.
All true, Sheff -- and that's why we watch. Not expecting much, but I'll be out there hoping to see our seniors go out on a memorable note.

Agree larger, but they never show up. And Chicago is a ND town not either of our schools.

Not gonna argue with y’all on your board, but as someone who lives in Chicago as well I disagree. Fairly close between UI and ND but slight numbers edge to Illinois. ND is fairly niche with south side support and the Catholic/Irish appeal. We’ve seen how great Illini seasons (2005 Final Four and 2007 Rose Bowl) are received vs. great ND seasons, and UI has larger appeal overall.

Agreed on bandwagon, no argument there, haha.

Agree to disagree. To be honest I think there are more Iowa fans. Plus Chicago has a large big ten presence. Lots of Iowa, Wisconsin and MSU alumni. ND has subway alumni, locals don’t align with Il or NU.

Agree to disagree. To be honest I think there are more Iowa fans. Plus Chicago has a large big ten presence. Lots of Iowa, Wisconsin and MSU alumni. ND has subway alumni, locals don’t align with Il or NU.

Agree to disagree on ND. The other B1G are frankly not debatable on alumni statistics alone.

Good luck Saturday.

Whats wrong with you guys?
Its over Johnny!
Look towards next year. Flush Saturday's beatdown before it happens.

Whats wrong with you guys?
Its over Johnny!
Look towards next year. Flush Saturday's beatdown before it happens.

Can we flush you first? Since you've already given up, then why not stop posting until after the season?

Reactions: Bwm57
Seeing that we are down to walk on freshman DE and will likely be pulling the trigger on our preseason 4th and 5th string QBs if Aidan slips up, I’d say our chance is somewhere between 0-0.5%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT