ADVERTISEMENT

If you turned off the game, here's one thing you missed

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
Isaiah Brown lives!!

I am no Brown fan at all. But even I wouldn't have him THAT far down the down the bench.

Weird.

Reactions: EagerFan
Makes no sense if he is healthy. Clearly there appeared to be players that were less interested than others in playing today.
Hate to say it but there is at least one or two guys who didn't seem interested in competing. I'm afraid that there is something internal going on. Don't think that there are many answers but guess just sit guys who can't score at all and play Brown and Falzon, if they're healthy.

Isaiah Brown lives!!

I am no Brown fan at all. But even I wouldn't have him THAT far down the down the bench.

Weird.

I have a theory as to why Isaiah suddenly isn't playing hardly at all. It's not the appropriate time to say it, but we'll see if my theory is true at the end of the season.

Reactions: Sec.112
I hope Brown sticks. Why wait until two senior guards graduate to transfer? It would seem Brown has a huge opportunity for playing time next season.

Just a theory...and one I hope is waaaay of base. Believe me, I absolutely like Brown and hope he sticks!

I hope Brown sticks. Why wait until two senior guards graduate to transfer? It would seem Brown has a huge opportunity for playing time next season.

It's true that BMac and Lindsey will be gone, but Isiah still has A.J Turner (who will be eligible in the fall) and incoming freshman Miller Kopp and Jordan Lathon to contend with. Ash and Gaines return as well. I don't think Brown would be out of the mix for a starting role, but there's going to be heavy competition for minutes, especially if Lathon (as many expect) takes the lead guard role from day one.

Brown's height may work against him. He doesn't have the ability to slide around in a system that tends to devalue traditional positions. Kopp, Lathon, Law, Nance, Pardon, Rap, Turner, and Young all have the size/versatility to move between the front court and backcourt or rotate in at both the 3&4/4&5.

The starting combinations I can envision including Brown would be:

Brown, Turner, Law, Falzon, Pardon

OR

Lathon/Brown, Turner, Law, Pardon (if Brown becomes Demps 2.0 & Lathon is too talented to keep on the bench).

Last edited:
I have a theory as to why Isaiah suddenly isn't playing hardly at all. It's not the appropriate time to say it, but we'll see if my theory is true at the end of the season.
If he was already transferring. he would not have played last night and risk getting injured for his new team And from some reports on here, he appeared to be injured vs. Minny, so that could be more of the reason than anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT