ADVERTISEMENT

I'll.Annoy hilarity

On a more sympathetic note, makes one wonder if these kids would do something this stupid if the NCAA money machine allowed schools to pay their revenue-generating athletes a stipend to augment their scholarships. Guys like Jameis Winston shouldn't have to resort to shoplifting food when their schools take in millions. Where's Kain Colter when you need him?

I'll never feel bad for the Illini. They are one of, if not the most, annoying fan bases with whom I've ever interacted. Their demise is to our immense benefit, as is clear by this years recruiting success in the state of Illinois. Right now, with our success on the field, our recruiting success over them, and the facility improvements we have made that Lovie himself calls 'flashy', I feel we have our foot on their throats and I don't want it to let up.

I'll never feel bad for the Illini. They are one of, if not the most, annoying fan bases with whom I've ever interacted. Their demise is to our immense benefit, as is clear by this years recruiting success in the state of Illinois. Right now, with our success on the field, our recruiting success over them, and the facility improvements we have made that Lovie himself calls 'flashy', I feel we have our foot on their throats and I don't want it to let up.

I said Lovie not the Illini fan base.

Reactions: rmndcat
On a more sympathetic note, makes one wonder if these kids would do something this stupid if the NCAA money machine allowed schools to pay their revenue-generating athletes a stipend to augment their scholarships. Guys like Jameis Winston shouldn't have to resort to shoplifting food when their schools take in millions. Where's Kain Colter when you need him?
That's so logical. You're no longer welcome here. </s>

Seriously,
There are very few college football players wouldn't trade facilities as they existed in 1990 for $1,000 / month. It's absurd that kids don't get paid.

Reactions: willycat
Don't feel that robbery is the answer. They could probably have gone to one of those wealthy farmers down there and gotten a bushel of corn and soybeans. Do agree that these football & basketball employees should be paid.

Reactions: mickbula
I need a refresher course (on almost everything!) on some scholarship stuff? 1.They cannot hold a part time job if they are on scholie? 2. School are limited to requiring two hours a day?? and does this or does this not count video watching and weight room stuff? 3. Do students on academic scholarship benefit from any monetary gain of their work? 4. Still an NCAA rule that you are not allowed to take stuff that belongs to others?

I need a refresher course (on almost everything!) on some scholarship stuff? 1.They cannot hold a part time job if they are on scholie? 2. School are limited to requiring two hours a day?? and does this or does this not count video watching and weight room stuff? 3. Do students on academic scholarship benefit from any monetary gain of their work? 4. Still an NCAA rule that you are not allowed to take stuff that belongs to others?
Especially if those someone(s) breaks into another's room and steals it. It's now being reported that they are charged with felonies.

Especially if those someone(s) breaks into another's room and steals it. It's now being reported that they are charged with felonies.
If the early reports are correct, that would mean that the gun was real. That is bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT