ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois offers 10 year old

He might be better than some of their current commits. Illini recruiting is, um... struggling right now.

"But when you see two kids from the same program, it raises eyebrows. You say, 'What is going on here?"

Accurate statement.

Full quote:
"We're (the training facility) the only organization with 10-year-olds getting scholarship offers," Evans said. "I brand all our kids. I put the videos out. I do photo shoots for our kids. When you see one kid, you think it's a fluke. But when you see two kids from the same program, it raises eyebrows. You say, 'What is going on here?' "

This is insanity. A 10 year old's "brand". (Likes Cheetos, or, perhaps, is not allowed to eat Cheetos.)

Full quote:
"We're (the training facility) the only organization with 10-year-olds getting scholarship offers," Evans said. "I brand all our kids. I put the videos out. I do photo shoots for our kids. When you see one kid, you think it's a fluke. But when you see two kids from the same program, it raises eyebrows. You say, 'What is going on here?' "

This is insanity. A 10 year old's "brand". (Likes Cheetos, or, perhaps, is not allowed to eat Cheetos.)

The biggest problem with youth sports is almost always the adults. I feel fortunate to have grown up when you could get a neighborhood gang of kids together and go play baseball or football on a vacant lot without having adults look over your shoulder.

Reactions: NUCat320
Okay, first of all ... I think this is weird as fvck, and I'm not okay with it, LOL.

However, to make it a LITTLE less weird, Coach McGee is family friends with these folks, and Lovie will almost certainly be retired by the time this kid would be close to college, so maybe it was kind of a nod to the family/expectation that McGee would be the successor? Like I said, still VERY strange and bad PR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT