ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois

Sad. The last really, really bad year I remember was 1998. Which also featured an outlier win over UNLV. At least that year we had a faux bowl game, the last game at Hawaii.

Reactions: rmndcat
They did bring in a plethora of transfers that are all playing and having an impact

They did bring in a plethora of transfers that are all playing and having an impact
Which transfer QB would you have preferred before the season started. It is not close. NU continues to fit square pegs in round holes at QB because of an unwillingness to adapt the playbook to the talent they have. This offense is predictable, stale and flat out not fun or anyone, especially the players. The Fighting Lovie’s changed OC’s and now they at least look like they have an offense. There is no excuse for their O to be light years ahead of NU. 4 of the top 5 recruits this year are on offense. If we hang on to them, all of them should see the field early and often.

Reactions: drewjin
Every bad team has a unicorn game in them. I guess if we put up 35 on UMass that would count. But I hope our unicorn game comes against the pumpkin heads and we keep them from 6 wins and likely bowl eligibility.

Illinois goes to MSU and Iowa for its next 2 games. I expect them to be sitting at 5-6 when we come calling.

This has all the makings of an epic showdo...never mind. I hope we win.

Illinois may just beat MSU this Saturday. Really looks like MSU has quit the last few games. Hearing whispers this may be the end of the Dantonio era, lots of scandal and lots of losses recently. It is time to move on in EL.

MSU has lost three straight, but all to Top 10 teams. I believe they’re better than their record indicates, and the Vegas line agrees. MSU is double digit favorites at home, as they should be.

MSU has lost three straight, but all to Top 10 teams. I believe they’re better than their record indicates, and the Vegas line agrees. MSU is double digit favorites at home, as they should be.

They have but they got crushed in the process. 17 points total in last three games. Their offense has been terrible most of the season.

Illinois may just beat MSU this Saturday. Really looks like MSU has quit the last few games. Hearing whispers this may be the end of the Dantonio era, lots of scandal and lots of losses recently. It is time to move on in EL.

If Dantonio leaves, the next longstanding B1G coach to come under real outside scrutiny will be Fitz. It's hard to imagine how even new coaches could turn what we have right now into a bowl-eligible team.

ADVERTISEMENT