ADVERTISEMENT

I'm booked for Indy...who's in?

I will be there rooting you guys on.

I know a lot of you are coming from the north, but if you stay on the south side (Greenwood for example), it’s usually a lot cheaper & hotels all on 65, so 10 minutes straight up to the Lucas Oil Field exit (West Street). A lot of new hotels at County Line Exit (so some on Indy side, some on Greenwood side).

Anyone need advice on where to go (& not to go), feel free to ask.
Driving in from Kansas City. Thinking about something around the airport if downtown doesn't open up. I guess driving down and parking on game day is manageable?

My dad and I will be there.

Hotels are hard to find. I'm guessing a lot of Wisconsin, Iowa, and Purdue fans will be canceling their reservations this week.

I know a lot of you are coming from the north, but if you stay on the south side (Greenwood for example), it’s usually a lot cheaper & hotels all on 65, so 10 minutes straight up to the Lucas Oil Field exit (West Street). A lot of new hotels at County Line Exit (so some on Indy side, some on Greenwood side).

You’re OK! I’m bringing a few ND fans myself.

Driving in from Kansas City. Thinking about something around the airport if downtown doesn't open up. I guess driving down and parking on game day is manageable?

Yeah.
Downtown Indy is very sports friendly. So you can park & walk the entire downtown.
If you are staying near the airport there are shuttles that can take you downtown if you don’t want to drive.

I have stayed in Indy for business, usually up around Michigan Road and 86th, or by the airport. Not a lot available downtown as of now. What is the Uber ecosystem like in Indy? Plenty of drivers if I end up by the airport?

So NUinIowafan lives in Indiana??? Time for a name change!
Thanks CoralSpringsCat for noticing,haha!! I JUSt moved here......and so excited to live a whole lot closer to so many stadiums that i can go watch NU games at! In fact, we were planning to go watch NU-IU basketball game that day at Bloomington....nope - changed our plans now!

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I have stayed in Indy for business, usually up around Michigan Road and 86th, or by the airport. Not a lot available downtown as of now. What is the Uber ecosystem like in Indy? Plenty of drivers if I end up by the airport?

For big sports weekends they are fully stocked on drivers for Uber/Lyft. Indy also has the BlueIndy car system that is also out at the airport.

https://www.blue-indy.com/

For the Blue Indy Car, you don’t have to worry about parking because they have their own parking stations all over. So you get it (wherever you are), drive it downtown, park it at a station, then leave it. You can get it later if you want it just leave it for good.
Once you are downtown you don’t need transportation. You can literally walk everywhere.

Reactions: TampaWildcat
There are downtown hotels available if you’re willing to stay for 2 nights. But they’re pricey.

I’m booked at Fairfield Inn Indianapolis Northwest, 15-20 minutes from stadium, good rate.
Fairfield Inn NW is booked. Got a Drury Inn, not far away. It can be cancelled up until Nov. 30. So I'll keep checking.
Also, will have car and intend on parking someplace downtown. ETA to hotel is about 1400.

Last edited:
Booked my room last night. It is a hilton property that is 11 miles from downtown. Nothing else was available closer to the stadium.

My friend and I bought 2 tix before the season started. Gonna make it a day trip from Chicago. Might sell our 2 tix to our buddies and get 2 from NU to sit with the rest of y’all.

I'll be driving in on gameday and hoping that a hotel opens up in the next few weeks closer to downtown.

Just got my airline tickets from NYC. Bringing my IU grad brother to the game. Think he’ll be allowed into NU tailgating while the IU-NU basketball game is going on?

I reserved two rooms at a Days Inn about 15-20 minutes from downtown. Once I know who's going in my party, I may be able to cancel one and open it up to others.

You will have no problems getting an Uber...

Or a scooter once you're downtown...:)
I think a passel of semi lit Cat fans leaving the Purple Party should ride en masse to the Luke on Lime scooters. All dressed in Purple. The ultimate in social media moments. Go Cats!

I think a passel of semi lit Cat fans leaving the Purple Party should ride en masse to the Luke on Lime scooters. All dressed in Purple. The ultimate in social media moments. Go Cats!

I'm all for that. They're pretty darn fun . Hey, aren't you the guy I walked up and introduced myself to at Danny Boy last year?

I'm all for that. They're pretty darn fun . Hey, aren't you the guy I walked up and introduced myself to at Danny Boy last year?
I am! But I didn't know your NU handle. By the way, Danny Boys would be the perfect spot for the Purple Party if it wasn't 35 minutes from the Luke. But I'm all in on the scooters!

I am! But I didn't know your NU handle. By the way, Danny Boys would be the perfect spot for the Purple Party if it wasn't 35 minutes from the Luke. But I'm all in on the scooters!
I agree regarding Danny Boy. I now live less than a block away. Dangerous. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT