ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana is a dirty team

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
For as awful as the refs have been, good on them to stop play and call the obvious targeting.

For as awful as the refs have been, good on them to stop play and call the obvious targeting.
I am sure #4 didn't intentionally target. The game moves much faster for the players than it does for the fan in slow motion on a television. There's no way #4 intentionally targeted knowing he would be ejected from the game. Indiana is not a dirty team. Their staff is first rate and would not tolerate dirty play.

I am sure #4 didn't intentionally target. The game moves much faster for the players than it does for the fan in slow motion on a television. There's no way #4 intentionally targeted knowing he would be ejected from the game. Indiana is not a dirty team. Their staff is first rate and would not tolerate dirty play.

Maybe you’re right. All I will say is that #4 lunged and led with the crown of his helmet in a way I’ve never seen from an NU player.

Reactions: boilerdon 40
Typical of a team that hasn't been there before. Have to have faux toughness to try to impress people, so they don't think you're, well, Indiana

not even close to as flagrant and unnatural
Hitting a QB to the face with crown of helmet? I love my Wildcats, especially Paddy, but that was targeting. He didn't mean to target, it happens. The game moves very quickly for players. No comment on EB elbow? Again, no deliberate. There isn't a player on the field trying to target. Let's not sound like poor sports.

Reactions: DGJRieman
Hitting a QB to the face with crown of helmet? I love my Wildcats, especially Paddy, but that was targeting. He didn't mean to target, it happens. The game moves very quickly for players. No comment on EB elbow? Again, no deliberate. There isn't a player on the field trying to target.

The EB elbow is a fair counterpoint. That was pretty bad.

This is a dirty team. They just intentionally hurt Hunter by spinning him to the ground.

Shame on 70 and 66 for not doing something about it. Where I come from, I’d have been chewed out for not doing the same thing to that dirty DE that hurt HJ. It’s the Chicago way.

Last edited:
Reactions: pathusker
I'm with you on that play.
Agreed. Fitz should have pulled a baseball manager and gotten into the head refs face on that one until he got ejected.

Hell, why not take a run at 99 himself if you know it was intentional. Wait, it’s not McCall’s fault our QBs keep getting hurt in his 2005 MAC offense. It’s on the OL for being a bunch of playbabies.

Now Hunter is injured. After the whistle.

Indiana is SCUM.
IU clearly doesn’t know how to act like they’ve been there. Refs are not helping because they’ve allowed IU to do this. The suplex on McGowan immediately before that has been called unnecessary roughing in the past. That led directly to the AFTER the whistle suplex that injured Hunter. NO EXCUSE as you could see in the replay the ref was not that far away to hear the whistle.

Reactions: Pukecat
IU clearly doesn’t know how to act like they’ve been there. Refs are not helping because they’ve allowed IU to do this. The suplex on McGowan immediately before that has been called unnecessary roughing in the past. That led directly to the AFTER the whistle suplex that injured Hunter. NO EXCUSE as you could see in the replay the ref was not that far away to hear the whistle.

Exactly. No respectable team does that. Scum.

I don't know if they're dirty or not, but they're preening on every single play. It's my one "get-off-my-lawn" opinion of sports today - I can't stand the people who dance around every time they have a two-yard gain.

I don't know if they're dirty or not, but they're preening on every single play. It's my one "get-off-my-lawn" opinion of sports today - I can't stand the people who dance around every time they have a two-yard gain.
Why not celebrate and do their little dance. They could have gotten only one yard, unlike us on 3rd and 1.

This is a dirty team. They just intentionally hurt Hunter by spinning him to the ground.

Shame on 70 and 66 for not doing something about it. Where I come from, I’d have been chewed out for not doing the same thing to that dirty DE that hurt HJ. It’s the Chicago way.
Agreed! Totally illegal! Ban the sport! Why play with those cheap shot artists! Go Ivey league!

Reactions: BayernFan
Agreed! Totally illegal! Ban the sport! Why play with those cheap shot artists! Go Ivey league!
Wouldn’t it be better to dominate the Ivy League than continue being Nerdwestern to the B1G forever?

let that thought sink in for a moment. harvard vs NU for the big one.

(ducks)

Wouldn’t it be better to dominate the Ivy League than continue being Nerdwestern to the B1G forever?

(ducks)

dumb comment unrelated to the thread. ok...

(ducks)
Yeah, we could give up the $51 million we get a year from the B1G to be Ivy Champs. Also there are no scholarships for football in the Ivy, so who is going to pay to go to NU and play football over Yale, Cornell, or Harvard? It is embarrassing how big of poor sports our fans can be. We are having an off year after four very successful ones. It happens, support your team.

Last edited:
Yeah, we could give up the $51 million we get a year from the B1G to be Ivy Champs. It is embarrassing how big of poor sports our fans can be. We are having an off year after four very successful ones. It happens, support your team.
Poor sports? Why?

I think it is fine to be upset when your team is being humiliated and the opponent is kicking dirt in your face. This was the year we were supposed to finally beat OSU remember? We ending up losing by 49. Surely, you couldn’t have foreseen this happening.

I don’t expect to be great every single season, but there is something seriously wrong on at least one side of the ball here and it is getting worse not better. Frankly, I see the same ole same ole each and every week.

Reactions: drewjin
Sigh, again...watch the play, the whistle should have blown two or three seconds earlier. Nothing dirty at all. Hunter is a Hoosier and we hope he is ok.
So if he wasn’t a Hoosier you wouldn’t hope he’s ok?

Sigh, again...watch the play, the whistle should have blown two or three seconds earlier. Nothing dirty at all. Hunter is a Hoosier and we hope he is ok.
Just got done texting with one of IU coaches. He recruited my son to IU. He text me to ask how my son is doing since my son had to retire from football due to injuries. He had no reason to text me except to be a great guy.I know the IU staff wouldn't be alright with dirty play. Your team played physical and were very determined to win. Congrats on your season. Good luck to the Hoosiers.

Just got done texting with one of IU coaches. He recruited my son to IU. He text me to ask how my son is doing since my son had to retire from football due to injuries. He had no reason to text me except to be a great guy.I know the IU staff wouldn't be alright with dirty play. Your team played physical and were very determined to win. Congrats on your season. Good luck to the Hoosiers.

This is an honest and fair post. There are a lot of hot takes in this thread. Allen teaches his team to be physical but within the rules of the game. Football is a physical game with a lot of “bang-bang”plays.

Targeting happens all the time in games. In the heat of the moment kids forget and lower their head.

As far as the Stallings play on Johnson, blame the refs there for not blowing a whistle and stopping play.

As an IU fan, I’ve suffered through decades-worth of seasons like you are having. Imagine going through that every year? It’s demoralizing.

Despite your struggles, Fitzgerald is the best coach in this conference and it ain’t even close. His body of work is outstanding.

Good luck next weekend and would love to see you beat Purdue.

lol

Rewatch the play real time. The whistle was late and he was spun down immediately. That injury is on the refs not IU.
gee didn't realize the a guy in a stripe shirt threw Hunter to the ground after play was well over. it was a dirty play and he should have been ejected. Guess the refs were to busy calling interference in the end zone.

ADVERTISEMENT