ADVERTISEMENT

Indoor games

NUCatswin

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2018
Any chance if there is too much snow for the late November/December games we would play in the lakeside facility indoors?

Any chance if there is too much snow for the late November/December games we would play in the lakeside facility indoors?
Very unlikely. Venue has to have the ability to handle up to 20 cameras. I don’t think lake facility is set
Up for that

I wonder if there are any plans to use Hutcherson Field. Issue is lack of a press box for coaches and cameras. Would be a beautiful and unique venue.

Csg4IAkUMAAZh5m.jpg

Reactions: Zootcat and phatcat
I think that is a great idea and perhaps they are looking into the logistics. Would certainly be a unique (and probably the only) opportunity to have a real game in that facility since we can't have fans anyway. They could figure out how to mount cameras throughout that place, maybe even on guidewires.

If they do, I can't imagine letting in fans besides family to maintain social distancing. (But if they're playing inside to escape a blizzard, there probably wouldn't have been many fans at outdoor Ryan Field, either.)

It sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

If they do, I can't imagine letting in fans besides family to maintain social distancing. (But if they're playing inside to escape a blizzard, there probably wouldn't have been many fans at outdoor Ryan Field, either.)

It sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

The Big Ten is not selling tickets to the general public.

This season is the only season I can see a game at Hutchinson Field. Having TV coverage would present NU as an pristine venue. Does anybody know if the locker rooms can handle a second football team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT