ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries and state of the program aside...

VirginiaWildcat

Aug 31, 2001
...that was a fun game to watch. Once again, the subs bring us from behind in the 2nd half and gained control. Lots of team ball in the 2nd half (using the post, etc). Enjoyed the game.

Reactions: LansingCat
We need to make defense our identity again, especially if Mac sits for extended time. I'm not sure Falzon and Brown can play right now. Ash and Gaines bring toughness and athleticism on both ends, even if they have limited offensive games. Soft teams get killed in the Big Ten.

We need to make defense our identity again, especially if Mac sits for extended time. I'm not sure Falzon and Brown can play right now. Ash and Gaines bring toughness and athleticism on both ends, even if they have limited offensive games. Soft teams get killed in the Big Ten.
Limited offense? Ash has had a monster jam in last four games!

Mac doesn’t play defense. He is a good offensive weapon where is on his game and a good passer. Hope he rehabs well and is back on the court soon. But the starting guard spot is Jordan Ash’s the rest of the season!

That Gaines bounce pass to Ash for the dunk was pretty sweet.

Brown is a quick defender he can do it

Mac doesn’t play defense. He is a good offensive weapon where is on his game and a good passer. Hope he rehabs well and is back on the court soon. But the starting guard spot is Jordan Ash’s the rest of the season!
But we need somebody to come up with assists like BMac! Even though he has had a subpar season compared to his first three, BMac is a precious element to our team! I am not sure if we can win games in BIG without him!!

But we need somebody to come up with assists like BMac! Even though he has had a subpar season compared to his first three, BMac is a precious element to our team! I am not sure if we can win games in BIG without him!!
Ash spreads the ball very well. Look at the stats today!

Wrong. Ash was awful in the first half. Turnovers and missed shots. Gaines played a better overall game and was the starter at SG at the beginning of the second half. Gaines had a monster jam too and has a ton of more basketball talent than Ash. Nice try one trick pony.

Wrong. Ash was awful in the first half. Turnovers and missed shots. Gaines played a better overall game and was the starter at SG at the beginning of the second half. Gaines had a monster jam too and has a ton of more basketball talent than Ash. Nice try one trick pony.

This. His first TO of the game, I am still scratching my head trying to figure out what in the world he was doing, and he missed a wide open three. Also. Ash has this nasty habit of having his man blow by him the first defensive possession he is in the game. So he has the trifecta (missed open shot, defensive blow by. terrible live ball turnover) in like, what, a minute?

Also, though everyone scored today who played in a 96pt effort, only Brown failed to score more than Ash. Even Benson, who played all of 6 minutes and Falzon, who played 9, outscored him

On the plus side, he did have a new career high last time out, so that's one game he was not a offensive liabiltiy (too bad we were counting on him to play defense...).

But it is clear from Colins' postgame comments (effusive in his praise for Gaines, and he had to remind himself to even mention Ash when stating the possible back-up plan for BMac after mentioning Brown) that both are past Ash on the depth chart.

That was a dam good team we just smoked by twenty! You are a 100 percent right journcat! I’m ok if it is just you, me,and Mickbula right now! We are gonna make the sweet sixteen! I’m tired of mediocrity! We have a dam good team right now! Let’s go Cats!

That was a dam good team we just smoked by twenty! You are a 100 percent right journcat! I’m ok if it is just you, me,and Mickbula right now! We are gonna make the sweet sixteen! I’m tired of mediocrity! We have a dam good team right now! Let’s go Cats!

That "dam good team" is sub-200 in KenPom, and is predicted to dwell near the bottom of the Ivy this year. Yes, they have two very talented players, and they are no Chicago State, but let's not get Wrassler'd away here....

Everyone needs to just put Wrassler on ignore. I have, and this board has become much better because of it.

And I think a lot of people tend to come down harder on Ash than perhaps he deserves because Wrassler is an inexplicably incessant hype-man for the guy.

Reactions: NUCat320
And I think a lot of people tend to come down harder on Ash than perhaps he deserves because Wrassler is an inexplicably incessant hype-man for the guy.

This!! That's been my fear since he started this crap. Everyone knows he's not a perfect player, but I like Ash...quite a bit actually. Unfortunately, wrassler is doing a wonderful job of turning everyone against him. It's certainly not fair to Ash who works his arse off everyday for the team.

Come on boys! Everyone on here , except me,had Ash riding the pine. Ash is a game changer on defense. Six foot three and very physical. I am happy he will be starting the rest of the BT season. He is our only chance for a NCAA tournament bid. Mac doesn't play defense. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Everyone needs to just put Wrassler on ignore. I have, and this board has become much better because of it.

Agree. The circus act around Ash is unfair to him. Ignore is a great feature.

As a coach I got to be able to take the criticism. It will all be worth it if we make elite eight! Gaines and Falzon are hitting their stride. We can beat anyone in BT

Last edited:
Pardon was the man yesterday. He plays hard at both ends of the floor. He can score, defend and block shots. He is my MVP to this point of the season. I would actually like to see Benson and Pardon on the court together for 5-10 minutes per game.

Pardon was the man yesterday. He plays hard at both ends of the floor. He can score, defend and block shots. He is my MVP to this point of the season. I would actually like to see Benson and Pardon on the court together for 5-10 minutes per game.
Yep! We need to get that ball inside to him more often. He can kick it off if double teamed!

Most people already have him on ignore. It is why he has to respond to his own posts most of the time.

And the day I come down harder on a player because a crazy poster such as as Wrassler likes said player will be the day I stop posting here, since my posts will be completely, utterly worthless.

Ash has a lot to work on in order to become a solid contributor to this team, which I have thoroughly documented; that has zero to to with Wrassler's posts, I can assure you.

Wrassler's hyping of Ash, like his man-love for Alviti and other players before that, is a grade-A level, He does it for one reason and one reason only; to get a rise out of other posters and to get them to respond to him.

He doesn't believe most of what he posts here, which is evident by the fact that his posts often contradict one another. I only respond to him for my own personal amusement; if you respond to him only out of dislke for his posts, that is EXACTLY what he wants, since it will perhaps make you a good candidate for his emotional core therapy, someday, imo.

Most people already have him on ignore. It is why he has to respond to his own posts most of the time.

And the day I come down harder on a player because a crazy poster such as as Wrassler likes said player will be the day I stop posting here, since my posts will be completely, utterly worthless.

Ash has a lot to work on in order to become a solid contributor to this team, which I have thoroughly documented; that has zero to to with Wrassler's posts, I can assure you.

Wrassler's hyping of Ash, like his man-love for Alviti and other players before that, is a grade-A level, He does it for one reason and one reason only; to get a rise out of other posters and to get them to respond to him.

He doesn't believe most of what he posts here, which is evident by the fact that his posts often contradict one another. I only respond to him for my own personal amusement; if you respond to him only out of dislke for his posts, that is EXACTLY what he wants, since it will perhaps make you a good candidate for his emotional core therapy, someday, imo.
I call em as I see em! My duty and pleasure as a fan. I have fun watching the games. Law is my favorite player

This!! That's been my fear since he started this crap. Everyone knows he's not a perfect player, but I like Ash...quite a bit actually. Unfortunately, wrassler is doing a wonderful job of turning everyone against him. It's certainly not fair to Ash who works his arse off everyday for the team.

Speak for yourselves. I find the Wrassler a refreshing fountain of unfettered optimism, outrageous projection, and all-in-all grin inducing entertainment and fun.

I don't have anyone on ignore, but if I ever did, he'd be far from the first I'd pull the trigger on.

Speak for yourselves. I find the Wrassler a refreshing fountain of unfettered optimism, outrageous projection, and all-in-all grin inducing entertainment and fun.

I don't have anyone on ignore, but if I ever did, he'd be far from the first I'd pull the trigger on.
Thanks Evanstoncat. I'm just a rabid NU sports fan,with a low IQ, drinking too much Red Bull, who is eternally grateful for the NU admissions department which utilized one of thier white trash scholarships on me,before the US Govt banned em back in the 80s. LoL

Reactions: NUCat320

Just look at this thread. People crapping on Ash. It's not hard to guess why...

Reactions: olshin

I've had him on "Ignore" for over 2 years now and it makes for a more pleasant visit to the boards. It started when he would clog up in game threads and also because his posts are not based in reality, just attention getting. Add to those that fact that he almost never bothers to attend a game.

Reactions: olshin
I've had him on "Ignore" for over 2 years now and it makes for a more pleasant visit to the boards. It started when he would clog up in game threads and also because his posts are not based in reality, just attention getting. Add to those that fact that he almost never bothers to attend a game.
How did you see this thread if you have him on Ignore??

Methinks a lot of you who claim to "Ignore" wrassler secretly get off on reading his stuff......

Methinks a lot of you who claim to "Ignore" wrassler secretly get off on reading his stuff......
Thanks Fitz! I call em as I see em. Ash is not my favorite player. Law is. Plus, Pardon is way more important to this team than Ash. Still, we need more speed on defense. Ash provides this. I only seek the truth. The truth is we got great players but need our best five out there. Right now, with Mac injured, they are Law,Pardon, Scotttie,Ash, and Gaines. When Mac is back, Gaines has to sit. Still, we need our ten guys the entire season, including Benson and Brown.

No circus act ...

Twenty-something posts each of the last two days is not only a circus act: it's all three rings.

There's no awards for posting frequency. And if you truly care if people listen to you, an overwhelming number of posts is not the way to do it. It just damages the experience for many.

I don't have the contempt for you that some have, and I dont use ignore. But for me, I generally just pass on your posts. Between that and the ignores, if that's what you want, so be it.

Reactions: olshin and Dugan15
Twenty-something posts each of the last two days is not only a circus act: it's all three rings.

There's no awards for posting frequency. And if you truly care if people listen to you, an overwhelming number of posts is not the way to do it. It just damages the experience for many.

I don't have the contempt for you that some have, and I dont use ignore. But for me, I generally just pass on your posts. Between that and the ignores, if that's what you want, so be it.
Thanks sec112! I’m just trying to push this team to the ncaa dance. I see no reason we can’t have the same success, or more, than the football team.

One more thing for Lou ...

Lou, I'm sure this isn't easy to make happen, but you should really talk to Rivals about a 10 post limit per user per day.

This is the perfect example of how more than 10 posts generally adds nothing to a board and more importantly drives down the board's value.

1st, I'm not a liar. Secondly as you should know when a poster responds to "ignored" member his post is shown. Now carry on.

[QUOTE=" I don't have anyone on ignore...

Aiding and abetting trolls.

For a while, I hoped the mods would land on these mofos, but this is the most f'g tolerant sports board in cyberspace. So I was forced to try the ignore function. The board became instantly better.

Wrestler is a real fan, so he's good reading, with a grain of salt. Those who can't stand him need not stand him one single exclam more.

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT