ADVERTISEMENT

Injury Report: Bowser, Slater Questionable

- FYI folks, Lees did NOT have Hip Labrum Surgery or even a hip injury.
- Quicks? Holiday Bowl Wildcat TD looked like vintage LEES Quick from H.S.
- Lees is averaging 12.3 yards per punt return, LEADS the Big 10 and 18th NATIONALLY...
- He fields every punt and catches every pass WITHOUT fumbling, Fitz knows how reliable he is back there. Not Lees Fault if he is TOLD to fair catch and move up short on punt returns.
- This summer Lees was matched up against EVERY other speedster on the Northwester squad in one-on-one match races...he WON EVERY one of those races, multiple times - He is the fastest kid on this team...not even close...
- and by the way, watch him block, a complete FOOTBALL PLAYER.
ZWGIANTS, I just read this post, I'm curious what was the race and did you see them race? 40 yards, 100 yards, 20 yard shuttle, 60 yard shuttle. I agree he is a very good football player.

ZWGIANTS, I just read this post, I'm curious what was the race and did you see them race? 40 yards, 100 yards, 20 yard shuttle, 60 yard shuttle. I agree he is a very good football player.

please ask the players on the team....
no, i’m not at NU practices.

This injury report doesnt matter this week. The entire game this week is just garbage time.
Let everyone who is injured take time to heal so we are ready the next week.
Also, why would it matter if Hunter is healthy since Smith has been far superior even if thats only a couple first downs.
Whatever, we dont need to pass.

This injury report doesnt matter this week. The entire game this week is just garbage time.
Let everyone who is injured take time to heal so we are ready the next week.
Also, why would it matter if Hunter is healthy since Smith has been far superior even if thats only a couple first downs.
Whatever, we dont need to pass.

What a pathetic post. When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we curl up in a ball and quit? Hell no!

Reactions: NJCat
What a pathetic post. When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we curl up in a ball and quit? Hell no!
The Japanese receive little respect or blame these days relative to the Germans - interesting cultural bias at work. I hate to agree with Turk on anything, but I see his point. We hope to go 7-5 or 6-6, and to do so, we need to be healthy. I love the 'Cats, but this is not our year to think about upsetting OSU. Time for prudence.

The Japanese receive little respect or blame these days relative to the Germans - interesting cultural bias at work. I hate to agree with Turk on anything, but I see his point. We hope to go 7-5 or 6-6, and to do so, we need to be healthy. I love the 'Cats, but this is not our year to think about upsetting OSU. Time for prudence.

It's a frickin game. Who needs prudence?

- FYI folks, Lees did NOT have Hip Labrum Surgery or even a hip injury.
- Quicks? Holiday Bowl Wildcat TD looked like vintage LEES Quick from H.S.
- Lees is averaging 12.3 yards per punt return, LEADS the Big 10 and 18th NATIONALLY...
- He fields every punt and catches every pass WITHOUT fumbling, Fitz knows how reliable he is back there. Not Lees Fault if he is TOLD to fair catch and move up short on punt returns.
- This summer Lees was matched up against EVERY other speedster on the Northwester squad in one-on-one match races...he WON EVERY one of those races, multiple times - He is the fastest kid on this team...not even close...
- and by the way, watch him block, a complete FOOTBALL PLAYER.
Right ON Z!

As always, your disregard for the players and the health of the program never surprise me.
But if you think we should hurry to play injured players against OSU because it will make a difference then please say hello to Santa Clause for me.
Carry on!

The rest of us will understand that a healthy Slater and healthy Bowser will be needed to get to our bowl game!

As always, your disregard for the players and the health of the program never surprise me.
But if you think we should hurry to play injured players against OSU because it will make a difference then please say hello to Santa Clause for me.
Carry on!

The rest of us will understand that a healthy Slater and healthy Bowser will be needed to get to our bowl game!

I never said anything about playing injured players. Your pathetic loser post, on the other hand, doesn't surprise me.

please ask the players on the team....
no, i’m not at NU practices.

While a lot of what you said is true, from what I've heard, Ruiz is generally viewed as the fastest player on the team.

You realize that the statement about bombing Pearl Harbor is a joke from the classic comedy "Animal House?" right?

My recollection on that play was that it was against Miami of Ohio. Their Head Coach at the time ...... Randy Walker.

but it’s been a long time, could be wrong on that.

I believe it was against Ohio University in 1996.

I could have spelled out my entire answer, so here goes.
“I also do not think that he realized the the line, the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, was from the famous movie Animal House”.
I suppose now I will have to go on double secret probation.

Last edited:
Reactions: IGNORE
yes, interference...and way under thrown...

not sure why you have such a bug up your a$$ with lees...seems like you like to hate for the sake of hating...
you are wasting your time with gocatsgo. He has hated on a number of players over the years. And Gosh forbid if you sound like a parent or his mother, he hates that and considers it sin against Fitz.

Who are the other QB's we have turned into WR's the past several years? I thought we would get similar results from Lees, even better, but I too don't see an explosive player. I see a nice, complimentary player.
I think he could have been better with a coach who actually played the position. He is quick, but obviously lacks on route running, thus little to no separation.
Obviously, no wr on the team is yet comfortable with any single QB since FItz splits the QB reps in practice this year between Green, HJ, and now Smith.
At least CT got all of the reps when he was here and he found a groove knowing exactly what AC was going to do.
Austin Carr wasn't as quick but knew how to set up DB's. I think Lees needs work on that.

Freddy B from the Oakland Raiders ran a 4.7 40 but never had a problem getting open. None of our wr get a jump on DB's.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
Freddy B from the Oakland Raiders ran a 4.7 40 but never had a problem getting open. None of our wr get a jump on DB's.
You’re referencing Fred Biletnikoff??
I’m anxiously awaiting the Bowser vs. Bronco Nagurski comparison.

Reactions: DaCat
You realize that the statement about bombing Pearl Harbor is a joke from the classic comedy "Animal House?" right?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT