ADVERTISEMENT

Inside NU Greatest Athlete Poll

I didn't follow it very closely after a couple of ridiculous early results. I think it is funny that the finalists were a field hockey player and a tennis doubles player. (Disparaging comment alert). To me, field hockey is what you play if you aren't good enough for Lacrosse, and tennis doubles is for people that aren't good enough to play singles.

I did appreciate the attention to Lisa Ishikawa, who was lights out, but I think she beat somebody like Fitz or Otto, and I said, nah, I'm done. Clearly an agenda - no OWG's need apply

Reminds me of the time during The Streak when NU fans stuffed the ballot box in either Trib/SunTimes fans poll, but the paper rejected them. I was like "hey! this is Chicago! vote early and often!"

I didn't follow it very closely after a couple of ridiculous early results. I think it is funny that the finalists were a field hockey player and a tennis doubles player. (Disparaging comment alert). To me, field hockey is what you play if you aren't good enough for Lacrosse, and tennis doubles is for people that aren't good enough to play singles.

I did appreciate the attention to Lisa Ishikawa, who was lights out, but I think she beat somebody like Fitz or Otto, and I said, nah, I'm done. Clearly an agenda - no OWG's need apply

Reminds me of the time during The Streak when NU fans stuffed the ballot box in either Trib/SunTimes fans poll, but the paper rejected them. I was like "hey! this is Chicago! vote early and often!"

don’t think it was an agenda just some fans and readers Rallying for underdogs or their friends etc... all in fun most likely, nobody is getting a prize for this poll

The absolute dumbest poll I have ever witnessed. Worse than the 2016 election polls.

I like how the final showdown got 80K votes. This for a website whose chat board has about 50 comments in the last 12 months lol.

That's impressive. I guess it goes to show that Gretchen must've been the greatest athlete at NU, given that kind of support.

don’t think it was an agenda just some fans and readers Rallying for underdogs or their friends etc... all in fun most likely, nobody is getting a prize for this poll
I was under the impression that someone would revise Otto's headstone to include the award, had he won

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT