ADVERTISEMENT

InsideNU: Lathon admission revoked...

Can anyone explain what happened? Did he not graduate? Couldnt raise an ACT score?

Getting to .500 will now be an accomplishment. Forget about postseason.

High school seniors are idiots. I have one now. I hope this is an issue that can be fixed. I know there are lots of teams scrambling for players so if he’s eligible he will play somewhere. Good luck Jordan we hardly knew you...

Reactions: ricko654321
There has to be something more going on here. I don’t even think senior year grades would be in at this point.

Well this is the worst. And now we absolutely need a transfer point guard to avoid a catastrophe this season.

Something stinks here. I doubt this is just grades. Must be something more. I hope not. He seems like a good kid. This is the problem of getting one true pg every 4 years

This is the kind of crap (if it's an admissions thing) that's going to make it very hard to keep Coach Collins. What Coach in their right mind would want to deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis?

This kind of thing doesn’t happen on a regular basis. And since Collins is signed to a long-term contract, I’m not particularly worried about him leaving anytime soon.

This kind of thing doesn’t happen on a regular basis.

*IF* it's an admissions thing....it definitely happens at NU more often. haywood talked about a recent recruit we had to pull off of because of it. Carmody certainly had issues with the admissions office as well.

Reactions: NUCat320
This is the kind of crap (if it's an admissions thing) that's going to make it very hard to keep Coach Collins. What Coach in their right mind would want to deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis?

Gotta agree as that was my first thought. Guessing the full story will come out at some point, but if this is indeed admissions/grades related, I thought the same thing about Collins probably being extremely frustrated with what he’s up against compared to everyone else.

If the full story comes out, and it’s something else entirely, that’s a completely different story .

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
He transferred back to his high school well into the first semester.

Maybe that created an academic mess that couldn't be cleaned up this quickly.

I'll also add that while us sports fans may love the Taj Fitz, the many faculty do not. They have never been on board with revenue sports. Could be that Phillips and Shapiro tried to guide this through and were met with resistance reminiscent of years ago. And they were left with no good options.

But we know nothing.

If the full story comes out, and it’s something else entirely, that’s a completely different story .

Yeah, it could very well be something entirely different. Either way, my gosh...we suddenly have no true PGs on the roster.

Is it too late to throw a preferred walkon offer out there for next season just to add depth?

InsideNU says Collins was talking about Lathon on Wednesday. What could have happened in two days?

Can anyone tell me this isn't a first for NU? I've been a STH for 20+ years, and I can't think of anything comparable.

Late May?!?! After a commitment 11 months ago?!?!

Somebody put the kid in a bad position. I don't care how bad he messed up his last semester.

We don’t know if this is grades:

Here’s a tweet from a butler radio host saying that “Can confirm that Jordan Lathon is “not an option” for Butler”

If he is not an option for Butler, then it appears this may not be academic based. Let’s see if he ends up committing to anywhere else...

Reactions: lunker35
Right back at you.

Given the timing, I think it very likely is a grades issue.
It’s so late though that they’d have to take a major dive. I go to NU now and I know people who are students here who went from getting good grades to getting Cs their last semester of high school and NU said nothing (and they are normal students not athletes). You’d have to majorly mess up to get nu admittance pulled his late

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT