ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting take from Fitz’s Monday presser...

ChappyCat

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2015
Michigan
I know there’s the thought out there that Fitz doesn’t like PJ, and this brings it more to light:

In his presser he praised OC Kirk Ciarrocca and DC Joe Rossi. He praised QB Tanner Morgan all by name and others by position. And we know how, ad nauseam, he “gives credit to (insert coach name here)” for each team they play, but NOTHING about PJ or even a general mention of him as “their coach”... interesting...

Judging by Fitz’s semi-grumpy “not satisfied” post UMass presser and his reluctance to give much info yesterday, it’s clear that he WANTS TO BEAT THE GOPHERS-BAD!!!

I know there’s the thought out there that Fitz doesn’t like PJ, and this brings it more to light:

In his presser he praised OC Kirk Ciarrocca and DC Joe Rossi. He praised QB Tanner Morgan all by name and others by position. And we know how, ad nauseam, he “gives credit to (insert coach name here)” for each team they play, but NOTHING about PJ or even a general mention of him as “their coach”... interesting...

Judging by Fitz’s semi-grumpy “not satisfied” post UMass presser and his reluctance to give much info yesterday, it’s clear that he WANTS TO BEAT THE GOPHERS-BAD!!!
Every year I actually think NU is going to pull that upset. ND in the cold, OSU on a Friday (before I saw the O), maybe Minny this year? I have to admit it would shock me after seeing a lot of both teams this season.

When I watched the presser yesterday on YouTube, i had the exact same thoughts. Fitz usually heaps praise on the opposing head coach, but none of that for the Fleckster. I love it!

Reactions: ChappyCat

Fitz is probably annoyed because PJ tends to be the same coach-speak kind of a guy, so it takes some of his shine, especially in a 10 loss season.

I maintain that Fleck would have not been hired by Minn if we'd beaten them. He'd be just another MAC coach that ran the table in their conference but lost to a middlin' B1G team in preseason and ended up 23rd ranked and playing in a bowl in Mobile. Sure, by now he'd have a job, but I think Minn would have looked elsewhere.

Fitz is probably annoyed because PJ tends to be the same coach-speak kind of a guy, so it takes some of his shine, especially in a 10 loss season.

I maintain that Fleck would have not been hired by Minn if we'd beaten them. He'd be just another MAC coach that ran the table in their conference but lost to a middlin' B1G team in preseason and ended up 23rd ranked and playing in a bowl in Mobile. Sure, by now he'd have a job, but I think Minn would have looked elsewhere.

But Fleck did beat Fitz with a MAC team. As much as I dislike that douche Fleck, I have to tip my hat to him for making a tough decision last season, during the season, to correct a glaring deficiency -- after getting blown out by a bad Illinois offense, Fleck fired his DC, replaced him with someone who simplified the scheme and let the players play football. The results were immediate, and created a remarkable turnaround that helped springboard them into an undefeated start to this season and a top ten ranking.

Agreed. Fleck is making All the Right Moves currently but let's see if it lasts

But Fleck did beat Fitz with a MAC team. As much as I dislike that douche Fleck, I have to tip my hat to him for making a tough decision last season, during the season, to correct a glaring deficiency -- after getting blown out by a bad Illinois offense, Fleck fired his DC, replaced him with someone who simplified the scheme and let the players play football. The results were immediate, and created a remarkable turnaround that helped springboard them into an undefeated start to this season and a top ten ranking.
No argument. Just pointing out that if Fitz doesn't like him as alleged, he could have prevented him from being here.

I often say...the people I like the least are those in who I see my own worst qualities come alive.

Fleck = Fitz. Or Fitz = Fleck. Or...maybe not because Fleck will be busy on January 1 and Fitz will be enjoying quiet time in Northfield.

Reactions: stpaulcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT