Iowa football, again ...

Discussion in 'Wildcat Football Board' started by kaTNap, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:41 PM.

1. kaTNap

kaTNap Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

(Click on the letter in the upper left hand quadrant.)

I hope Fitz shows this to every one of our recruits who is considering Iowa.

2. Fitz51

Fitz51 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The comments, of course.

People really need to ask themselves “If this happened to another team, would I have a problem with it?” Maybe then they wouldn’t let fandom control their rational thought.

3. FeralFelidae

FeralFelidae Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if anything has ever been Akrum Wadley's fault.

4. wicker

wicker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Once we start acknowledging that OUR guy is fallible, then we will start making progress

Fitz51 likes this.
  5. CatManTrue

CatManTrue Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If you think those dunce Coaches Doyle or Ferentz Jr. would last under Fitz, you should think again. He would fire any coaches who pulled this stuff as soon as he could if he knew about their racist antics.

I have no idea why you’d imply Fitz would condone this situation or that his “fallibility” has anything to do with the awful atmosphere at Iowa.

6. wicker

wicker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Didn't mean OUR as Fitz. meant anyone on our side, anyone with whom we agree. Blind loyalty is killing all of us and Iowa's reaction is a prime example. We saw it at PSU, we see it in politics.

7. CatManTrue

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough.

If Wadley’s story is true and par for the course - which it appears to be - then Ferentz clearly has to go. I’m neither a fan of nepotism nor protecting racists.

runawayCat and CoralSpringsCat like this.
  8. techtim72

techtim72 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Soon this will be another example of conviction by social media. What the reality is, other than Akrum Wadley was unhappy, who knows, but does it merit an immediate, uninformed public crucifixion? This public blame culture which is only increasing will end badly for society. Not having any facts, I elect not to participate.

drewjin likes this.
  9. CatManTrue

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Daniels and other Iowa players have spoken out about the toxic culture at Iowa towards black players. One player with a learning disability was bullied by the coaches as well.

Coaching is a sacred art that requires the inherent trust of your players and their families. If I were an African American recruit, I would never consider Iowa while the Ferentzes are there. We’ll see what happens.

kaTNap and CoralSpringsCat like this.
  10. KramerCat91

KramerCat91 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Angry Iowa Running Back Hating God turns out not to be God, but the gods of the Iowa football program.

11. KramerCat91

KramerCat91 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The strength coach has already been let go over prior accusations of racism. So far this seems more like just desserts than public crucifixion.

12. ashley0623

ashley0623 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Many fans on social media claiming they paid for signed stuff from him last year, and he took the money and didn’t send them anything and blocks all the people who speak up. Also a graphic designer who designed some logo for gear Wadley sells claims he’s never been paid.

Ferentz Jr, Wallace, etc should still be gone.

13. JournCat

JournCat Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

And yet I remember the general tenor of the reactions to Kain Colter's public statements and testimony ...

https://www.insidenu.com/2014/2/19/5417806/kain-colter-northwestern-football-union-capa-nlrb

That said, Wadley's allegations are much worse, in particular the racial elements ("are you going to rob a liquor store"), and backed up by other athletes who have spoken out against Iowa. Kirk Ferentz should probably ease his son off the coaching staff.

14. phatcat

phatcat Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

probably rant board material but here goes.

1) apparently racist is worse than rapist, as we've seen some real B.S. relative to sexual assault allegations, whereas a tweet from 2012 can get someone "cancelled". Anyway twitter is for twits, so...
    2) Any of us in an unprotected group are vulnerable. Even the appearance of non-compliance is Orwellian.
    3) "I weep for the future"