ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa v Purdue: Tell Wisconsin the score

shakes3858

Aug 28, 2009
Wisconsin is still alive for the division title. The magic number is at 1 ie Iowa wins either of the next two games or Wisconsin loses either game, Iowa wins the prize. As such, Wisconsin may feel like they're playing for something.... which could end as soon as Purdue loses to Iowa. That game is at 11:00am central meaning it will be over around kickoff of the NU/Wisc game. This is why, I think everyone who is within ear shot of a Wisconsin player should let them know that Iowa has won the game. They may feel like they're playing for less, lose the emotional edge, and give NU a better shot at victory.

Although I guess that then Wisconsin fans would have an excuse on why they lost, but again, I don't care what excuse they make...not even a lil' bit.

Seriously?

Senior Day? Bowl positioning? Pride? All vanish because Iowa wins a gimme?

I would be more concerned with the reverse. By some quirk of fate, or a rift in the space time continuum, Purdue wins. The Badgers then play like they are on fire, scorching the frozen tundra....

Seriously?

Senior Day? Bowl positioning? Pride? All vanish because Iowa wins a gimme?
I never said it was going to be a give away, but yeah, if a few players give 99% effort rather than 110% and you can make that happen, would you do it?

What If I have 1,000,000 dollars in the bank. I take out a loan for 100,000 and I donate 1,100,000 to the N-Club. Haven't I now given 110%. Boom, you've been lawyered.
Shakes you then would likely have given more than 110%. $100,000 loans carry an interest rate. Unless funds came from a wealthy relative.

Reactions: Fitz51
I've never "hated" Northwestern fans. I've always respected Northwestern fans. I've loved Bucky Badger since I was six years old. Growing up in Chicagoland's most northern suburb, Lake Geneva, many of my buddies parents and friends were proud Northwestern alumns. FTR... I "hate" Univ. of Iowa!

Wisconsin is still alive for the division title. The magic number is at 1 ie Iowa wins either of the next two games or Wisconsin loses either game, Iowa wins the prize. As such, Wisconsin may feel like they're playing for something.... which could end as soon as Purdue loses to Iowa. That game is at 11:00am central meaning it will be over around kickoff of the NU/Wisc game. This is why, I think everyone who is within ear shot of a Wisconsin player should let them know that Iowa has won the game. They may feel like they're playing for less, lose the emotional edge, and give NU a better shot at victory.

Although I guess that then Wisconsin fans would have an excuse on why they lost, but again, I don't care what excuse they make...not even a lil' bit.
And, bring a bucket of snow to throw up into the air to make it snow at Camp Randall. If enough people do that, we will win because Stave won't be able to see his receivers.

Is that like: RollO v erBeethoven, Tell Tchaikovsky the News?

I've never "hated" Northwestern fans. I've always respected Northwestern fans. I've loved Bucky Badger since I was six years old. Growing up in Chicagoland's most northern suburb, Lake Geneva, many of my buddies parents and friends were proud Northwestern alumns. FTR... I "hate" Univ. of Iowa!
I loved Bucky Badger when I was six years old. Now I'm more of a cat person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT