ADVERTISEMENT

Is Elliott the best RB in the Big Ten?

Gladeskat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2004
I love his power and acceleration turning it upfield and his quicks and vision once he gets through the hole.

Not this year but possibly next season.

He is very impressive as a true sophmore RB. He had to back up Carlos Hyde last year who was quite a RB.

No and that's not an insult to EE. Melvin Gordon is the best running back I've seen since Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders.

+1
Big !0 had some really good backs this past season. I think Gordon is better but this kid is the best in the conference tonight and will be next year as well because he is extremely talented and plays on a much better team with elite talent around him.

Originally posted by shakes3858:
No and that's not an insult to EE. Melvin Gordon is the best running back I've seen since Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders.
You were wearing diapers when Bo Jackson was playing in college.

I'd rank them 1. Gordon 2. Elliott 3. Abdullah 4. Coleman 5. Langford 6. Cobb 7. Jackson.

Without question it was the conference's strength and possibly the best group of running backs of any conference in a long time.

At 99 ypg our true freshman is merely seventh - most years he'd be first or second team all Big Ten but not even the most ardent NU supporter would put him there (yet). The next tier of Clement, Ferguson, Weisman, Hunt, Green and Marshall are solid players too.

Don't know if he's the best or not - in the Big Ten, that bar's pretty high - but he's certainly in the discussion. If I said I saw a bit of Matt Forte in him, would I be way off base?

ADVERTISEMENT