ADVERTISEMENT

Is Minnesota that good

They gave up an opening kickoff TD and a 70 yard QB run TD and Nebraska failed on 4th down inside the MN 10. This game will do in Riley more than last week in Lincoln.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Croft has done zero vs everyone else, but he looks like Cam Newton, vs. a Nebby D that has clearly gotten a jump on the offseason. Nothing to see here.

Don't try to make sense of things that don't make sense. Have you checked in on the Sparty/Ohio State game?

College kids are usually inconsistent...

Reactions: NUCat320
MN did essentially the same to Or. State. I guess they own Mike Riley teams.

I would not be surprised if Riley is let go tomorrow morning.

Looks like it was all QB run, Neb didn’t defend Croft at all. Not sure if designed runs or scrambles. He barely passed. The offense Was mostly Croft running, kind of like our Kafka game against them several years ago.

Also what happened to Tanner Lee. Backup came in and got sacked several times.

I think we match up with them much better. We have good run defense. They don’t pass very much.

Looks like it was all QB run, Neb didn’t defend Croft at all. Not sure if designed runs or scrambles. He barely passed. The offense Was mostly Croft running, kind of like our Kafka game against them several years ago.

I think we match up with them much better. We have good run defense. They don’t pass very much.

Awful tackling + awful assignment football = god awful defense.

I believe Tanner Lee suffered a concussion.

Nebraska gave up 409 yards rushing today. NU gave up 40.

We will be fine.

I watched some of the Minnesota game highlights. Nebraska was just awful. Brutal tackling, missed assignments and just getting blown off the ball. In all the highlights, I did not see Croft throw the ball once. I highly doubt Minnesota will be able to come to Ryan Field and run the ball on us like that. If Croft is unable to threaten with his arm, It will be a long day for the Gophers.

Reactions: nu greek
I watched some of the Minnesota game highlights. Nebraska was just awful. Brutal tackling, missed assignments and just getting blown off the ball. In all the highlights, I did not see Croft throw the ball once. I highly doubt Minnesota will be able to come to Ryan Field and run the ball on us like that. If Croft is unable to threaten with his arm, It will be a long day for the Gophers.

Read option, read option, read option. No matter how many times Min used it, Nebby player assigned to Croft went for RB and let Croft go. We just need some discipline. Min RBs aren't great, focus on Croft - middle of our D should be able to handle them.

My guess - didn't watch much of the game - is that Nebraska's D mentally wasn't prepared. Their defensive coordinator - Bob Diaco - really caught a ton of heat for his post game interview the previous week. The guy is different and he has caught criticism both at Nebraska and his previous stop - head coach at Connecticut - for his "cerebral" interviews. With Mike Riley pretty much gone I don't think Diaco's act is working any longer with his players. When I have time today I will catch up on the Nebraska blogs. They are vicious.

Reactions: Noah121
Croft did actually throw a couple nice passes but they were to wide open receivers. He tends to float the ball. Their wideout, Johnson, number 9, is good.

My guess - didn't watch much of the game - is that Nebraska's D mentally wasn't prepared. Their defensive coordinator - Bob Diaco - really caught a ton of heat for his post game interview the previous week. The guy is different and he has caught criticism both at Nebraska and his previous stop - head coach at Connecticut - for his "cerebral" interviews. With Mike Riley pretty much gone I don't think Diaco's act is working any longer with his players. When I have time today I will catch up on the Nebraska blogs. They are vicious.

Sounds like a former basketball coach here at NU....

I am admittedly a Gopher fan.

I come in here from time to time because of the high percentage of intelligent posts.

Same thing was said last 5 games vs the Gophers, however. RB’s are not good. QB is not good. Etc. Etc. Minnesota has played the Wildcats tough lately.

Northwestern by 7.

I hope your team is underestimating us as much as you guys are. This will be Croft's 4th or 5th actual start at QB. He and this team had continued to improve. Gophers will win this one.

I hope your team is underestimating us as much as you guys are. This will be Croft's 4th or 5th actual start at QB. He and this team had continued to improve. Gophers will win this one.
Gophers have a row boat, 'Cats have a sailboat.

Minny will win if they play out of their minds, we do not play well, or both. But this is just a terrible matchup for them.

Your QB throws less than 8 completed passes PER GAME, which is hard to believe. Thus, you will need to run a ton to beat us, but we have not allowed more than 112 rushing yards in any BIG game this year, and that includes Wisky. See the problem?

I am not concerned about the Wildcats against the Gophers.

The Huskers have definitely mailed it in, and just fold against any running offense, no matter how good or bad this year. They are very likely to finish the season at 4-8 for their worst season in 56 years (in 1961, they had a 35% season at 3-1-6 [WDL]).

To me, it’s s trap game. Minnesota has more on the line as they need 6 wins, they have 5, and they face Wisconsin next week. We don’t have much to prove. And this happen to be the obnoxious coach the rowed the boat over us in the opener last year that actually got him the Minny job. So, I’m sure our staff is aware but I am weary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT