ADVERTISEMENT

Is the new facility the problem?

villox

Aug 19, 2008
Have the players gotten too soft by having all of these wonderful amenities? Lost the mental toughness brought on by having to trek their way over and use the dingy old facilities?

Yes, this is a joke, but I just wanted to start it before someone else did. You guys are insufferable after a loss.

The constant hyping of the facility is a running joke with my boys and I - waiting for fitz to declare “players don’t win championships, facilities win championships.”

That’s good stuff. But I will say this...The big programs don’t need to market much. They do, but they don’t have to. The reality is we do have to. We don’t have that built in giant fan base that will fill the stadium no matter what, or a brand so strong that recruits will come because they’ve been dreaming of it since they were in diapers. When we have something like the new facility, we have to push the hell out of it. It’s the biggest commitment the university has EVER made to the program. They’re proud of it, and they should be. They also expect that the investment will take us to another level and they are going to do everything they can to utilize it to bring success.

Yeah, all the facility promotion can feel a bit like overkill at times, but I don’t disagree with any of it. It was built to be a difference maker.

Have the players gotten too soft by having all of these wonderful amenities? Lost the mental toughness brought on by having to trek their way over and use the dingy old facilities?

Yes, this is a joke, but I just wanted to start it before someone else did. You guys are insufferable after a loss.
Let's hope moving into the facility was a huge distraction and things will only get better from here.

We could bus all of the players to South campus and force them to walk all the way to the new facilities.Wouldn’t that be the best of both worlds?

Reactions: mikewebb68

I think they were upset when they heard about the new shitty concessions. Took a bit for word to filter down to the field, which explains why the first drive went so well.

I haven't experienced it often but it is a LOT of fun. Last year, the Cleveland Indians won 22 games in a row and I wanted it to go on forever

I’d be happy to win every game forever. But part of being a Northwestern fan is knowing every game might be entertaining.

Don't you just wish we were?

Don't know about that, but if we WERE Alabama, I am still fairly certain that you would find something to complain about, like the fact that they are playing the Citadel, Louisana-Lafayette, and Arkansas St. in the noncon...

I haven't experienced it often but it is a LOT of fun. Last year, the Cleveland Indians won 22 games in a row and I wanted it to go on forever

Well we did win 9 in a row, which is somewhat equivalent to winning 22 in a row in baseball due to the longer schedule...

Totally not following the subject of the post, but are fountain drinks now unavailable at Ryan Field? Boo!!!!

You seriously deleted my response to this, @FloridAlum ?

Would you prefer to be given a time out from the board for constantly bullying and insulting other people? Lou and I are seriously discussing it. The name calling and insulting is going to stop. For the time being , every offensive post you make will be deleted.You do not seem to understand how to behave properly towards other people.

Reactions: NJCat and StreamCat
Would you prefer to be given a time out from the board for constantly bullying and insulting other people? Lou and I are seriously discussing it. The name calling and insulting is going to stop. For the time being , every offensive post you make will be deleted.You do not seem to understand how to behave properly towards other people.
Preach it, brother! Amen!

Hilarious.

I don’t. I’m completely serious when I say blowing out most opponents would be boring.

I did a double take on this before I realized I missed the "out" in my first read.

And this was only after I read TheC's response.

Don't know about that, but if we WERE Alabama, I am still fairly certain that you would find something to complain about, like the fact that they are playing the Citadel, Louisana-Lafayette, and Arkansas St. in the noncon...

You wouldn't complain about that noncon schedule, anymore than you'd gross about only playing a eight game conference schedule, when practically every other P5 conference plays nine. Because you play in the mighty, indomitable, above reproach, SEC. And as we all know, the SEC - top to bottom - is better than all. And not just on the field of play, which is really just a metaphor for their dominion over all. And as 'the chosen one' program, why should our beloved 'Bama have to play a noncon slate at all? Ah well, let them eat fritters.

Reactions: mikewebb68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT