ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: OT Zachary Franks has flipped from PSU to NU

YAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!

Welcome Zach!

NU wins a recruiting battle against the blue bloods. Recruiting news at its best. We need it once a week.

Congratulations to the recruiters. Now get back out there and do it again!

Was never offered
Was only a fallback choice
Didn't qualify

I forget some of their other ones

YAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!

Welcome Zach!

NU wins a recruiting battle against the blue bloods. Recruiting news at its best. We need it once a week.

Congratulations to the recruiters. Now get back out there and do it again!
and again, and again

Great news. I wish I could like this post 100 times. Hard to make an objective opinion about an OL’s tape from an iPhone but he’s got good control of his body for a large HS OL. Another thought: his teams must have faced some great punters as they often appear backed up to the goal line to start their drives.
I thought so too. He was pretty good his senior year. I think he would have been dominant if he had a 5th season of development.
Our OL was razor thin back then. The coaching staff wanted to redshirt him but they needed OL badly and Ward was the best candidate that season, which was a memorable one for Kafka. I hope the depth has improved enough to where all true freshmen can redshirt on the offensive line.

Great news! Even sweeter with the flip from Ped State.

Great news. I wish I could like this post 100 times. Hard to make an objective opinion about an OL’s tape from an iPhone but he’s got good control of his body for a large HS OL. Another thought: his teams must have faced some great punters as they often appear backed up to the goal line to start their drives.

Our OL was razor thin back then. The coaching staff wanted to redshirt him but they needed OL badly and Ward was the best candidate that season, which was a memorable one for Kafka. I hope the depth has improved enough to where all true freshmen can redshirt on the offensive line.
Didn't Slater start as a true frosh because he was just better

Is he the top OL get since Ward?
According to 247, he is behind Vitabile, Lancaster (graded as a Center), Jorgensen, Mulroe, Konopka, DePietro, Jared Thomas, Jeff Radek, Slater, Gerak, and Wyatt Blake in the 2018 class. Still, he's a good prospect.

According to 247, he is behind Vitabile, Lancaster (graded as a Center), Jorgensen, Mulroe, Konopka, DePietro, Jared Thomas, Jeff Radek, Slater, Gerak, and Wyatt Blake in the 2018 class. Still, he's a good prospect.

What the heck does this mean?

I am looking at a total of 30 offers (something like 20 P5) That most of them did not come close to.

As much as I value the ratings of 247/Rivals etc. in most cases, Franks' offer list speaks for itself.

We got him when he had offers from nearly every major program in the East Coast between Duke and BC as well as several other good P5 programs.

He's a great get and basically had as good a set of choices in front of him as any of our previous OL. That's all that matters here imo.

^ Key.

Flipping Franks not only from PSU, but a Maryland recruit at that (PSU has owned MD when it comes to recruiting).

Would love it if the 'Cats can build another recruiting base in the fertile MD/VA region.

Also, sweet in being able to beat the Dookies (as they usually have the edge when it comes to recruits from that area).

Huge get. For many reasons. First he is a BIG kid. Second it gets us off the snide as far as no commitments in almost two months. Third it is a top target and it looked like we were missing on them. In fact it looked like we had whiffed on him as well. Fourth, we beat out a lot of our top competition for him including the blue bloods and actually flipped him from one of them. Fifth, he is a top OL recruit, an area we have been challenged in getting top recruits

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT