ADVERTISEMENT

It is pointless to make any more negative posts.

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Because we have sunk so low so fast. It is not about the Quarterbacks. It is because Fitz has not been paying attention to the general offensive decline over the past 6 years,at least. He deserves what he got tonight--it was not the refs--it was his being oblivious to what has been happening right under his nose. If Fitz does not make a comprehensive overhaul of offensive coaching, recruiting and player development, and soon, forget dreams of the Rose Bowl anytime in our life time.

After 3 bowl wins.. the down year hit hard.. O line and a couple fast receivers can help Cats bounce back fast. Letting O Line development slack the last few years finally caught up with the Cats. Still enough pieces in place to get back to respectable next year.
Question is how the receiver corp and O line got slack, and why.

Reactions: ubercat
Technically not negative: At least we won't face Rutgers this season.

We are the worst offensive team in the country, you can only go up???
Yes. We stink. But look at our history now. We got some new coaches/players 25 years ago and we have done better than most BIG teams ever since. What I am hoping is that this terrible season won't drain/flush in the next several seasons like during our Dark Ages bs. We really do need a new OC. Our DC and head coach are good to go; however, if Fitz doesn't fire MMcall soon, I fear we might be headed to another series of crap seasons. I don't care if Fitz is like best friends with Mcall. Just get some new innovative young coaches that can help our O kick some tush!

Yes. We stink. But look at our history now. We got some new coaches/players 25 years ago and we have done better than most BIG teams ever since. What I am hoping is that this terrible season won't drain/flush in the next several seasons like during our Dark Ages bs. We really do need a new OC. Our DC and head coach are good to go; however, if Fitz doesn't fire MMcall soon, I fear we might be headed to another series of crap seasons. I don't care if Fitz is like best friends with Mcall. Just get some new innovative young coaches that can help our O kick some tush!
Watching the game last night on mute drove all of these points home.

No more negative... I mean realistic posts from me. We all know Fitz needs to do.

Watching the game last night on mute drove all of these points home.

No more negative... I mean realistic posts from me. We all know Fitz needs to do.

Will he do it? If anything this is the year. Fitz cannot claim that the program Is not well supported enough to be successful, with $200MM+ in new facilities. He has set expectations based on winning the West, 3 bowl games on a row and average 9 win seasons between 2015-18. Change needs to happen before next season to avoid more prolonged decline in performance, recruiting, attendance.

One might say that our offense was ranked poorly for many years and has been successful. Well, this year demonstrates that you just can’t live with that type of offense as it will put you right in the basement as soon as 1) the breaks aren’t going your way, 2) you get a couple injuries and/or 3) your defense isn’t quite in the top 10% nationally. It’s just not fair or sustainable to say it’s a great idea to run a type of offense that only wins if you have a top ranked defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT