ADVERTISEMENT

J.J. STARLING. 2022 guard

Looks like this conversation was all for naught. Crystal Ball 100% to Notre Dame.

Sigh . . .i guess we will know offiially later today.

Better Notre Dame than Duke.
Duke has a few decades of "crimes against NCAA basketball" to atone for.

Looks like this conversation was all for naught. Crystal Ball 100% to Notre Dame.

Sigh . . .i guess we will know offiially later today.
There has never been anything linking him to NU other the desperate hope of posters on this board. Remember, its the hope that kills you.

How often is it ever reported that a visit didn't go well?
Fair, but to stay there is nothing linking him to NU when he took an OV is just incorrect. For the record, I agree that it’s the hope that kills you

I'll hold onto the hope for another half hour. It only makes me stronger.

I think the national "experts" - especially these online guys - know less and less about where these kids are going. And the Starling family has been fabulous at keeping a lid on everything. 🤞

There has never been anything linking him to NU other the desperate hope of posters on this board. Remember, its the hope that kills you.
When a prospect takes the time to make an official visit, that's a link to a program. We might never had had a chance, but to suggest there was zero reason to think otherwise is just you being jaded. Or disingenuous.

Which one of you guys are John McCain
die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif

I know nothing, but this felt like much more of a possibility to me than PBJ. It was fun while it lasted.

Players - in theory - could be more willing to take a chance on a lesser known, up and coming program. Pre-portal you would have been more locked in to your original choice so there may have been too much risk to pass on a school like Duke for a place like NU.

Im sure there’s some game theory Econ/MMSS nerds on this board who can explain it better, but that’s what I think they were getting at.
I think the portal favors schools like NU on the exit side. Players who chose "name" programs over NU might be more likely to consider NU's 40-year value proposition when things at the "name" program don't go so well and the path to athletic stardom and a pro career runs face first into the reality that a strong education is a much better bet to getting a leg up in life.

Reactions: GatoLouco
ADVERTISEMENT