ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Cichy torn ACL

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
Out for the season. Unfortunate for him and the Badgers. He's their best returning OLB and arguably their best returning defensive player. They've always been deep at that position (see their ability to weather injuries last year), but I'm sure this doesn't help matters.

I'm leaning toward the outcome of that September 30 game deciding the division this year......

Best wishes to Jack on his recovery. And Go Cats.

Wisky is loaded with high quality LBs. Cichy is good as a Will, but WIsky Mike LB, T.J. Edwards (incidentally, a Lake Villa, Illinois product) is the Drunkard's version of Anthony Walker in their D scheme - read: an LB who is all over the field & makes himself a heat seeking missle that attacks the ball wherever it's located on any one down. If Edwards went down rather than Cichy, then I'd conclude that WIsky's opponents had a gift wrapped offensive advantage, especially in a rushing attack. With Cichy going down for the season, the Badgers will "next man up" the position without much dropoff.

Reactions: ricko654321
Wisky is loaded with high quality LBs. Cichy is good as a Will, but WIsky Mike LB, T.J. Edwards (incidentally, a Lake Villa, Illinois product) is the Drunkard's version of Anthony Walker in their D scheme - read: an LB who is all over the field & makes himself a heat seeking missle that attacks the ball wherever it's located on any one down. If Edwards went down rather than Cichy, then I'd conclude that WIsky's opponents had a gift wrapped offensive advantage, especially in a rushing attack. With Cichy going down for the season, the Badgers will "next man up" the position without much dropoff.

Wiskey does seem to reload at this position but Cichy is a stud and will be missed. They lost TJ Watt to graduation, too, so this injury definitely hurts them.

Yeah, you never like to see this. Heard an interview with him, and he seemed like a classy kid. Best wishes for a full recovery.

Heard an interview with him, and he seemed like a classy kid
From what I remember, he hasn't exhibited much class on the field. Footstomp on JJ's helmet after a play in our victory in Madison a couple of years ago, after already getting a personal foul on a Thorson hit out of bounds. Pretty sure he's also been thrown out of at least one game due to targeting.

Reactions: julescat
Wishing Jack the best in his recovery. Heck of a Linebacker.

From what I remember, he hasn't exhibited much class on the field. Footstomp on JJ's helmet after a play in our victory in Madison a couple of years ago, after already getting a personal foul on a Thorson hit out of bounds. Pretty sure he's also been thrown out of at least one game due to targeting.
If he is that same guy. I don't feel so bad.

Of course, I could be wrong . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT