ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Katona 2021 DL Birmingham, AL

Bama2021

Sep 13, 2020
Dear Rivals Members,

My son Jacob is a senior Defensive Lineman at Oak Mountain High School in Birmingham, AL. Jacob hasn't played much football in high school. He played a small amount as a freshman, and now he is playing as a senior. Jacob is a very good student with a 33 ACT score, a 4.4 GPA, and he has passed 4 AP tests so far.

Athletically Jacob stands 6-5, and weighs about 265#. He runs about a 4.9 40, and can dunk a basketball easily.

Since he hasn't played much football we had planned on going to every camp we could this summer, and on as many visits as we could this fall. Obviously that did not happen with COVID and the dead period.

Jacob did use the COVID summer period to really work hard to get in great shape. He was able to work all summer with several Power 5 and Pro lineman, and he feels that he can compete at that level based on those summer workouts. With all of the changes going on in recruiting it seems that many schools are reluctant to take a chance on an unknown prospect. . It is our hope that maybe someone on the board has a contact on the staff that you could send his HUDL link to, and hopefully they can start to follow him. Jacob's high school plays in 7A which is the largest classification in Alabama, so he should get some good film against good competition this season. They will play 3 top 100 national teams this season.

Take care and best of luck,

Steven Katona

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9401284/Jacob-Katona

https://twitter.com/JacobKatona?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://247sports.com/player/jacob-katona-46048533/

Dear Rivals Members,

My son Jacob is a senior Defensive Lineman at Oak Mountain High School in Birmingham, AL. Jacob hasn't played much football in high school. He played a small amount as a freshman, and now he is playing as a senior. Jacob is a very good student with a 33 ACT score, a 4.4 GPA, and he has passed 4 AP tests so far.

Athletically Jacob stands 6-5, and weighs about 265#. He runs about a 4.9 40, and can dunk a basketball easily.

Since he hasn't played much football we had planned on going to every camp we could this summer, and on as many visits as we could this fall. Obviously that did not happen with COVID and the dead period.

Jacob did use the COVID summer period to really work hard to get in great shape. He was able to work all summer with several Power 5 and Pro lineman, and he feels that he can compete at that level based on those summer workouts. With all of the changes going on in recruiting it seems that many schools are reluctant to take a chance on an unknown prospect. . It is our hope that maybe someone on the board has a contact on the staff that you could send his HUDL link to, and hopefully they can start to follow him. Jacob's high school plays in 7A which is the largest classification in Alabama, so he should get some good film against good competition this season. They will play 3 top 100 national teams this season.

Take care and best of luck,

Steven Katona

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9401284/Jacob-Katona

https://twitter.com/JacobKatona?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://247sports.com/player/jacob-katona-46048533/
Mr. Katona,
Speaking purely as an alum, I can say that your son would find no better opportunity than NU. Based on academic profile and measurables alone, he sounds like a great fit for our school and our program culture. The university at large ranks top 10 in the country, sure, but the football program specifically is consistently #1 in academic metrics. He'd get to play B1G time football, and Coach Fitz and Coach Long have a strong track record of developing hard-working, talented but under-recruited, academically-inclined DLs into NFL prospects. Don't despair if a freshman year scholarship isn't in the cards. In my four years at NU, we had a number of guys come in as walk-ons, quickly earn scholarships, then playing time, captaincy, and even an NFL roster spot. Best of luck to your son in his college selection process. Based on what you share here, Jacob has earned himself a seat at a special school like NU. I hope he finds one. I hope it's here. I hope he plays football for us. I hope he sacks Io_a's next quarterback to secure our spot in the 2023 B1G Championship game, and I hope you come up to Chicago to see him deliver the hit.
Go 'Cats

Mr. Katona,
Speaking purely as an alum, I can say that your son would find no better opportunity than NU. Based on academic profile and measurables alone, he sounds like a great fit for our school and our program culture. The university at large ranks top 10 in the country, sure, but the football program specifically is consistently #1 in academic metrics. He'd get to play B1G time football, and Coach Fitz and Coach Long have a strong track record of developing hard-working, talented but under-recruited, academically-inclined DLs into NFL prospects. Don't despair if a freshman year scholarship isn't in the cards. In my four years at NU, we had a number of guys come in as walk-ons, quickly earn scholarships, then playing time, captaincy, and even an NFL roster spot. Best of luck to your son in his college selection process. Based on what you share here, Jacob has earned himself a seat at a special school like NU. I hope he finds one. I hope it's here. I hope he plays football for us. I hope he sacks Io_a's next quarterback to secure our spot in the 2023 B1G Championship game, and I hope you come up to Chicago to see him deliver the hit.
Go 'Cats
Dear Irishcat,

I received an amazing amount of grief and chaos for posting this exact post on the main board. It was amazing that it turned into such a mean, nasty, insulting, and degrading post. I was glad to read a post such as yours, which is the exact kind of feedback and information that I was hoping for. Regards, Steve

Mr. Katona,
Go 'Cats

Most of all, I hope he gets to do all of that and play against Bama and help beat their asses in the National Championship game. And I say that as with great respect to the Crimson Tide program, as it would mean our program will have arrived, plus it implies we take care of Ohio State in the B1G title game. And just like beating dOSU is made better when Ohio kids help us do it, it’ll feel better if we have some kids from Alabama on the roster when we beat the Tide.

ADVERTISEMENT