ADVERTISEMENT

JJTBC: "School Thing"

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Funny quote from JJTBC about returning for his senior year:

"I felt like it was in my best interests to come back and fine-tune my skills," he said. "Plus, I've put so much work into this whole school thing, I figured I might as well finish it out."

Plus there is this:

"In fact, according to ESPN Stats & Information, only eight players in FBS history have ever recorded four straight 1,000-yard seasons. The list includes luminaries such as Wisconsin's Ron Dayne, Pitt's Tony Dorsett and Texas' Cedric Benson. The last player to do it was Southern Miss' Damion Fletcher, from 2006-09."

Story from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...westerns-justin-jackson-has-sights-on-history

If he eclipses Archie Griffin, that would be huge even if he never goes pro. I think he did an internship at an investment firm. Who wouldn't want to invest with a guy who has shown he can put in that kind of time working toward his goals.

Reactions: epicbret
If he eclipses Archie Griffin, that would be huge even if he never goes pro. I think he did an internship at an investment firm. Who wouldn't want to invest with a guy who has shown he can put in that kind of time working toward his goals.

He definitely has a shot to finish ahead of Archie if he stays healthy.

He definitely has a shot to finish ahead of Archie if he stays healthy.
1,460 yards to go - he rushed for 1,524 last year and 1,418 the year before. Assuming a 13 game season he needs to average 112 per game. The only things that could prevent that are health and John moten forcing himself to get more carries based on production. Being the #2 rusher in big ten history would be a huge accomplishment though. BTW - Ron dayne was just insanely ridiculous

I'm really going to miss this guy! I hope he comes back to NU a lot for games after he graduates like a Persa or DiNardo does or like Kirkpatrick or Sobolewski does for basketball.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I'm really going to miss this guy! I hope he comes back to NU a lot for games after he graduates like a Persa or DiNardo does or like Kirkpatrick or Sobolewski does for basketball.
I am still focused on hoping he wins a B1G Championship while he is here.

1,460 yards to go - he rushed for 1,524 last year and 1,418 the year before. Assuming a 13 game season he needs to average 112 per game. The only things that could prevent that are health and John moten forcing himself to get more carries based on production. Being the #2 rusher in big ten history would be a huge accomplishment though. BTW - Ron dayne was just insanely ridiculous

No. 2 would be great, but being No. 17, which he is now, is already a huge accomplishment in a league known over the years for good running backs. Imagine the yardage he'd have with a top offensive line, which even Fitz acknowledges we haven't had for the past couple of years. Also, NU hashad little in the way of a passing attack at times while he's been there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT