ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Gaziano future All-American!!!

Gaz is an absolute beast. The way he closes on the QB is fun to watch.

Reactions: DopeTonic
Great timely pass rush!

A true beast...
That's a pretty bold statement coming from an All Big10 DL guy. Coming from you, I'm now convinced that this guy is a true stud. I didn't watch all of our games this year so I couldn't really have a strong opinion but from what I saw I thought he should have been first or second team All Big10 this year, based on the few games I watched. So, I can see him being AA in the future. And I'm thinking we won't keep him for 4 years.

Are you just pumped or do you really assess that this guy has Joey Bosa potential? That UK OT wasn't a pushover either. Do you think he didn't get recognized by the BigTen this year because of politics? Yea he got third team but I posted before this game that I thought it was a true shame that NO NORTHWESTERN player got first team All Big......which I found as a joke. Sorta reminded me of Zack Strief not getting All Big Ten but getting All American.

I think a lot of us fans on here would like you to give us a look at JGaz' strengths. He played big today and pretty much just blew up the entire UK Offense moreso than Lowry did to Nebraska.

Love his ability to use that basic physics formula: F = ma. Makes his hits that much better.

That's a pretty bold statement coming from an All Big10 DL guy. Coming from you, I'm now convinced that this guy is a true stud. I didn't watch all of our games this year so I couldn't really have a strong opinion but from what I saw I thought he should have been first or second team All Big10 this year, based on the few games I watched. So, I can see him being AA in the future. And I'm thinking we won't keep him for 4 years.

Are you just pumped or do you really assess that this guy has Joey Bosa potential? That UK OT wasn't a pushover either. Do you think he didn't get recognized by the BigTen this year because of politics? Yea he got third team but I posted before this game that I thought it was a true shame that NO NORTHWESTERN player got first team All Big......which I found as a joke. Sorta reminded me of Zack Strief not getting All Big Ten but getting All American.

I think a lot of us fans on here would like you to give us a look at JGaz' strengths. He played big today and pretty much just blew up the entire UK Offense moreso than Lowry did to Nebraska.
Well he did lead the BIG in sacks

Still not 100% sure why he’s so effective as an edge rusher. Mostly great technique and an even better motor.
Maybe that is why he is so effective. I mean to say, you know pretty well what you are looking at for a fan and you can't figure it out. Part of it is he must have some secret sauce that doesn't show up in the film.

Great timely pass rush!

A true beast...
hey big guy, love the optimism! although it is certainly too early to say for certain, does your gut tell you the DL will be even better next year, or is the loss of #1 too much to overcome?

Gaziano was the biggest factor in our two biggest wins this season! Vs. msu with the strip/then subsequent int by Nhall and then yesterday in bowl for the disruption that led to the pick6!! He, Nhall, and JJackson should all three be our mvps of the season!! All three are serious ass-kickers!

Gaziano was the biggest factor in our two biggest wins this season! Vs. msu with the strip/then subsequent int by Nhall and then yesterday in bowl for the disruption that led to the pick6!! He, Nhall, and JJackson should all three be our mvps of the season!! All three are serious ass-kickers!

I failed to give a shout out to DT Jordan Thompson who abused UK's offensive guard and then throttled UK's QB forcing the errant throw that Montre Hartage picked off earlier in the game. The front 4 is really, really good top to bottom.

Paddy is still on the team isn’t he?

Reactions: mickbula
Gaziano ‘s blindside hit on Johnson early in Q4 was a WMD. It caused a comedic fumble sequence and drove SJ into the turf like a tent stake. Johnson’s feet were 20 inches off the turf when Gaz had him wrapped. Not sure how the QB survived that.

Gaziano ‘s blindside hit on Johnson early in Q4 was a WMD. It caused a comedic fumble sequence and drove SJ into the turf like a tent stake. Johnson’s feet were 20 inches off the turf when Gaz had him wrapped. Not sure how the QB survived that.

Gaz already has an impressive library of highlights from his two seasons of play. The Johnson hit ranks up there with the hit leading to the Nate Hall interception this year in OT, and the destruction of Lewerke last year at MSU. Not to mention his B1G-leading sacks and his ability to drop back in coverage. We did not miss X Wash this year, thanks to Gaz and Sammydup.

Last edited:
hey big guy, love the optimism! although it is certainly too early to say for certain, does your gut tell you the DL will be even better next year, or is the loss of #1 too much to overcome?

#1 leaves big shoes to fill both literally and figuratively, but there’s a lot of good young players who are making the transition from freshman to sophomore and sophmore to junior to go with some very good upper classmen. Guys have work to do, but they’ll be damn good if they do the right things. We’ll be fine at DL.

Juniors can incrementally improve as seniors, but the big leaps usually occur freshman to sophomore and sophomore to junior years.

Reactions: scru and DaCat
#1 leaves big shoes to fill both literally and figuratively, but there’s a lot of good young players who are making the transition from freshman to sophomore and sophmore to junior to go with some very good upper classmen. Guys have work to do, but they’ll be damn good if they do the right things. We’ll be fine at DL.

Juniors can incrementally improve as seniors, but the big leaps usually occur freshman to sophomore and sophomore to junior years.

Hearing good things about Saunders, who I liked on high school tape as well.

ADVERTISEMENT