ADVERTISEMENT

John Moten, Goodbye and lots of gratitude for everything you have contributed

Best wishes to Moten IV. He's another high character NU student-athlete who will do well in life. Thanks for the memories on the field, especially the TD run against dOSU in the B1G Championship game last year.

One of the reasons I am an NU fan is that our players feel so strongly about the University experience they had and the educational opportunities they received even when their on field careers don’t turn out as well as they had hoped. In Moten’s case, he had such a promising start to his on field career but subsequent injuries never enabled him to reach his full potential. The more important part is that John now has two valuable degrees which will enable him to achieve his full potential off the field and ultimately that is the most important thing. Four for Forty!

I had totally forgotten the late season impact he made as a freshman.
https://nusports.com/news/2016/11/29/football-john-moten-iv-named-big-ten-freshman-of-the-week.aspx

Certainly seems like he took full advantage of the opportunity. Congrats to him, and I hope/assume he’ll get a proper sendoff at senior day.
That Illinois game was really enjoyable. I'm hopeful that the medical issue is precautionary (i.e., I don't want to risk further injury) vs "I can't continue"

John, thanks for everything. Enjoyed your career.

Moten had a really big 3rd down run late in last year's Illini game as the Cats were trying to hold on to a tenuous lead with their first string offense on the bench. Good luck to him!

PS click on his message and you’ll see some photos at the bottom

This makes me really sad. My pops was his biggest fan. I lost my pops in June. He knew John's father, as his dad was a money manager my dad worked with when my pops was at ADM. John was from a first class family, and my family rooted for him so hard. He will be missed.

You'll do great things young man. Thank you for all you did for NU. Watching you run for that TD against OSU with my father who was dying of brain cancer on Dec 1, I wont ever forget it.

Thank you-

Erik

I think we are down to Drake, Evan Hull, Ray Niro, and potted plant.

Is Chad H in med school?

Except that Fitz said that he will have another person or two ready to play at running back. My guess is maybe a receiver or defensive back who played some high school football at running back, like maybe Malik Washington.
PS I heard back channel that the potted plant is having trouble picking up blitzes.

Except that Fitz said that he will have another person or two ready to play at running back. My guess is maybe a receiver or defensive back who played some high school football at running back, like maybe Malik Washington.
PS I heard back channel that the potted plant is having trouble picking up blitzes.
Goens seems the obvious choice.

Reactions: IGNORE
I met John's parents at a players' pre-game tailgate in Durham. They were gracious and welcoming to an unknown NU fan.
John had such a promising first year, spelling JJ. I remember important runs in the Pinstripe Bowl. I could never understand NU's inability to use his speed in some fashion. The run against OSU certainly indicated that the speed was still there. It just seems that there was untapped potential, that injury or scheme did not allow to flourish

Reactions: Hungry Jack
We already shifted Kyric over, who has been pretty darned good to be honest.

We already shifted Kyric over, who has been pretty darned good to be honest.
If not mistaken he was injured in the Purdue game..was not available for the last drive.
I always remember John Moten in the Iowa game couple years back....He definitely had some bright memorable moments for the Cats.
So Goens as the potted plant ??? He had a ton of snaps on the Dline last Saturday....guess is that is his spot for the remainder of the year....someone else will have to take the PP position.

If not mistaken he was injured in the Purdue game..was not available for the last drive.
I always remember John Moten in the Iowa game couple years back....He definitely had some bright memorable moments for the Cats.
So Goens as the potted plant ??? He had a ton of snaps on the Dline last Saturday....guess is that is his spot for the remainder of the year....someone else will have to take the PP position.
Yes, he was injured against Purdue and is not available tomorrow, another reason why we are shorthanded at running back.,
Also two people reported my earlier post telling me that I had misspelled blintzesOf course a potted plant can’t pick up blintzes, with or without sour cream

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT