ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny O’Brien Scouting report

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
Just got done watching Johnny O’Brien the Cats 2026 QB commit from Fremd. Left in 4th quarter with Johnny’s Fremd team up 24-0 over at traditionally strong LaKe Zurich team. I am no GCG, so take this for what it is worth. Fremd’s first 10 plays were pass plays. It looked like a 7-7 tourney. Johnny is definitely a pocket passer. He’s mobile enough, but there weren’t many designed runs. He was very accurate with short and intermediate routes. Threw some darts. As expected, he was less accurate on deep throws. However he launched the ball 50 yards with ease. Was elusive enough to extend plays and had some nice throws on the move. Ball fakes were good for his age and he had control of the game. Threw a few times into coverage but also was smart enough to throw away and live for the next play. Not the biggest kid, but probably is only 16 years old. Certainly appears to have the frame to add good weight.

In summary, very impressed with this kid. Strong arm, much better than I expected. Looks like one of those guys that NDSU gets that starts for 3-4 years. I think it is very possible he gets looks from other P4 programs despite his verbal commitment. We have to hang on to this kid.

I’ll get out for another game or two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.