ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson and Family issues

Fitz could have just as easily said, "Hunter is dealing with a personal issue and will play when he's ready." That would have ended it. There's no reason he had to let speculation fester about Hunter's health, status, and state of mind. Unfortunately, he's shown he has a habit for creating unnecessary drama because he considers himself above the media and ordinary fans.

Aside from that, I am glad that he has treated Hunter and his family with respect and hope that Hunter's mom has a speedy recovery.
wasAnd then people would have been digging for those personal issues and HJ would have been confronted until he answered. He could have chosen different approaches to handle it and he chose the one he felt best. You can disagree but it a his decision

And then people would have been digging for those personal issues and HJ would have been confronted until he answered.

I don't know about that. The Bears just did this with Roquan Smith and he was largely left alone, and the local media is a million times more interested in the Bears than in NU. But again, if the radio silence was at HJ's request, it's a moot point.

Reactions: IGNORE
I don’t care how we win as long as we do so while maintaining the character and integrity of the program.

2-0, 33-27, 54-51: doesn’t matter.

Bob: please say it with me, a win is a win is a win.

Sorry. Because a 2-0 win over IU doesn’t absolve all the losses preceding it resulting from an incompetent offense. I don’t believe in playing each week independently- I believe in the season.

The offense has cost us national relevance, probably a Rose Bowl, maybe even more. The D should not have to cover for bad O, each and every week. We should not have nearly the worst O each and every year.

Reactions: drewjin
LOL wuht???

College football is not the real world (unless your own world is incredibly small).

How is it not? Real large sums of money in play. National media, advertising, international fanfare, etc.

Sorry, but power five football is real world.

I didn't say "get time." I said "start."

These sort of pieces don't just come out of nowhere. Fitz and the NU media folks don't just happen to make Hunter available to open up about all this.

I strongly suspect this marks the official start of the Hunter Johnson comeback tour.

p.s. I am appreciative of the way Fitz dealt with the sensitive situation.
Looks like I was correct in my assumption:

Fitz says the plan is to start Smith but for Johnson to see some action. Hopefully, our Johnson will outperform their Penix.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT