ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Jackson: second Big Ten RB with four 1000 yard seasons

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
JJTBC joins Ron Dayne as the only Big Ten running backs with four 1,000 rushing yard seasons. He has been incredible to root for and will be fun to follow the rest of his career. Thank you Justin!

CGV_1228160064_2016_Pinstripe_Bowl.jpg

JJTBC joins Ron Dayne as the only Big Ten running backs with four 1,000 rushing yard seasons. He has been incredible to root for and will be fun to follow the rest of his career. Thank you Justin!

CGV_1228160064_2016_Pinstripe_Bowl.jpg
JJTBC. Amazing player - amazing student. As a fellow Econ major I will readily admit I did not leave NU with a 3.5 like Justin. Truly an outstanding STUDENT-Athlete. 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons in the BIG is also a testament to his heart and dedication!

JJTBC. Amazing player - amazing student. As a fellow Econ major I will readily admit I did not leave NU with a 3.5 like Justin. Truly an outstanding STUDENT-Athlete. 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons in the BIG is also a testament to his heart and dedication!

It's a privilege to watch him play and it makes you proud to say you both attended NU. Thank you Justin!

Reactions: Dugan15
It's a privilege to watch him play and it makes you proud to say you both attended NU. Thank you Justin!
If my math is correct, in the finale @Illinois & the bowl game Justin needs:
  • 2 yards to become the #4 all-time leading rusher (Montee Ball has 5,140)
  • 161 yards to become #3 (Anthony Thompson has 5,299)
  • 451 yards to be #2 - likely impossible but Illinois’s defense is bad (Archie Griffin has 5,589)

Last edited:
I was looking at his all purpose yards, and it looks like he’s only 26 yards shy of 6,000. Only 13 players have ever achieved 6,000 or more all purpose yards in their college careers. With big games vs. Illinois and in the bowl game, I think he has a shot at finishing in the top 10 here (Cedric Benson is #10 with 6,161).

Sheez! I was 2.6 Econ and I thought I was hot sh....

I too was an Econ / French double with a 3.6. I once ran 1,000 yards from the sorority quads to the north quads without getting caught by a house mom.
Only because she couldn't figure out what to do with you if she had caught you.

JJTBC joins Ron Dayne as the only Big Ten running backs with four 1,000 rushing yard seasons. He has been incredible to root for and will be fun to follow the rest of his career. Thank you Justin! J
Amen, double Amen, from my perch here in Cheesehead territory. As for comparing him with Ron Dayne, maybe the purple shaded glasses are influencing this, but for a fan, JJ is not second to RD; they are as different as they are great. Dayne was a massive (and hugely talented) beast, a wrecking ball; about 60 pounds (30%) heavier than Jackson and just a bull. Justin did it with superb skill, a knack for finding a way through traffic and amazing grit and determination. They both will always be remembered as being among the best of the best all time in the BigTen.

I will have to give Dayne credit for setting up what was probably the most delirious moment for me as a Cats fan. I was there but still have difficulty believing, but because it was written out by the Trib reporter on that Sunday sports page, I still am able to go back and double-check to see that it actually happened.... October 19, 1996.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ildcats-quarterback-steve-schnur-camp-randall

Amen, double Amen, from my perch here in Cheesehead territory. As for comparing him with Ron Dayne, maybe the purple shaded glasses are influencing this, but for a fan, JJ is not second to RD; they are as different as they are great. Dayne was a massive (and hugely talented) beast, a wrecking ball; about 60 pounds (30%) heavier than Jackson and just a bull. Justin did it with superb skill, a knack for finding a way through traffic and amazing grit and determination. They both will always be remembered as being among the best of the best all time in the BigTen.

I will have to give Dayne credit for setting up what was probably the most delirious moment for me as a Cats fan. I was there but still have difficulty believing, but because it was written out by the Trib reporter on that Sunday sports page, I still am able to go back and double-check to see that it actually happened.... October 19, 1996.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ildcats-quarterback-steve-schnur-camp-randall
I was there too, upper deck corner. Barely could see the play, but probably the best game I ever saw live.

I was there too, upper deck corner. Barely could see the play, but probably the best game I ever saw live.
I didn’t see the touchdown pass at all, except the ball in flight. We went to Madison with Badgers fans and somehow ended up basically at field level near the opposite end zone. Even though it seemed as if the Badgers would simply run out the clock we were able to kinda sorta somewhat see the play on which Dayne fumbled by peering and peeking through the people on the actual sideline: camera crews, trainers, cheerleaders and various other staffers. Terrible spot to watch a game unless the LOS is directly in front of you or within 10 yards. The worst.
But WHO CARES IF YOU’RE A WILDCAT ON THAT DAY. The TD pass was visible to us as it arched through the air but then came down where we couldn’t see it at all.....and then the crowd reaction spoke volumes!!

Congratulations to “The Ball Carrier” Justin Jackson on a very memorable career at NU.

Can Larkin fill his shoes? I sure hope so.

ADVERTISEMENT