ADVERTISEMENT

Kafka for OC. It's time.

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
I won't take sides on the McCall bashing. But the results speak for themselves.

But isn't there and obvious candidate -- Mike Kafka.

Former NU (almost) Great QB.
Former grad assistant.
Current Chiefs QB coach.

With the downward offensive spiral, and not much to do in KC until Mahomes comes back, this is someone who appreciates Fitz, is a NU guy, and is part of a great offense in KC. Seems a no-brainer as to timing and a top candidate

Former grad assistant.
Current Chiefs QB coach.

With the downward offensive spiral, and not much to do in KC until Mahomes comes back, this is someone who appreciates Fitz, is a NU guy, and is part of a great offense in KC. Seems a no-brainer as to timing and a top candidate

Highly doubt he would take the job.

Mike will likely have NFL GM’s calling his cell in hopes of filling their head coach vacancies in just a handful of years. He doesn’t need stability either. Reid has an excellent track record of grooming his assistants via in house promotions.

Last edited:
It is clear McCall needs to go. His offensive plan is like a raisin, shriveled and unappealing. I vote for a mid season change. I would look for an innovative OC from a school like Memphis who can create an offense that is both exciting and meets our current talent level. I pray to god we hold onto our recruits. This is an absolute dumpster fire and change needs to happen fast. Hopefully Fitz can show some cajones and do something instead of being stand pat Pat.

Reactions: IGNORE
Maybe Morty and Jim and Mr. Ryan need to have a little talk with him then. Enough is enough. This sad excuse for football is on him. Do something!!

This is like those talk radio callers who suggest trading a 32-year-old reliever for some other team’s fireballing ace.

Hey — the Sawx need bullpen help. Maybe they’d take it??

also, Fitz doesn’t believe in high-powered offenses. Ball control.

Some Donors, Alumni, Students & Fanbase have had it and are being vocal. Pressure is mounting.

The voicemail boxes are probably filled with messages from those who know the numbers I’d expect

Reactions: IGNORE
It is clear McCall needs to go. His offensive plan is like a raisin, shriveled and unappealing. I vote for a mid season change. I would look for an innovative OC from a school like Memphis who can create an offense that is both exciting and meets our current talent level. I pray to god we hold onto our recruits. This is an absolute dumpster fire and change needs to happen fast. Hopefully Fitz can show some cajones and do something instead of being stand pat Pat.

A midseason change of OCs is silly. So the players are gonna pull all-nighters all next week trying to learn a new offense? Fitz has brains as well as cajones.

Former grad assistant.
Current Chiefs QB coach.

Not gonna happen.

We need to stop with the swimming in the bath water mentality of bringing NU players back to be coaches.

I am sincerely very happy for Kafka's success in the NFL. He has as close to zero experience as possible coaching in college, which is a completely different ball game. Ask Charlie Weis. This is not to say Kafka couldn't make the transition - for all we know he could be awesome at it...but I'd rather see it proven elsewhere than NU be the experiment.

@Sheffielder (I generally agree, though Charlie Weis is a bad college coach because he is a bad football coach because the only time he was a good football coach was when Belichick was pulling the strings.)

Here is what it is.

I am Kafka. I am coaching, arguably, the most exciting QB in the NFL who also happens to be very good. I work for a guy who develops his staff and then turns them loose to take on better jobs with more responsibility, with either my boss's team, or other NFL teams - with my boss's blessing. I will be an NFL offensive coordinator soon, mainly because of my own talent, and also because of who I coach. If I am successful at that next opportunity, I may get a shot at an NFL head coaching job somewhere down the road, or maybe not. But by that time, I will have earned a really nice NFL pension and during my NFL career, I will make more money than I could being a college Offensive Coordinator.

Or, if offered, I could become the Offensive Coordinator at Northwestern.

Are you kidding me?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT