ADVERTISEMENT

Kafka to the Eagles?

I’d be shocked if this happens. Peterson would be violating the Andy Reid coaching tree code - don’t poach assistants.

Bienemy should finally get his head coaching shot in 2021. Once that happens, Kafka will be promoted to KC’s offensive coordinator. In the meantime, he gets to work one on one with arguably the best QB in the game today.

No need for Mike to jump ship. Why go to a less stable (albeit winning) organization...one where the owner was, allegedly, behind the firing of the last OC?

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
I’d be shocked if this happens. Peterson would be violating the Andy Reid coaching tree code - don’t poach assistants.

Bienemy should finally get his shot in 2021. Once that happens, Kafka will be KC’s offensive coordinator. In the meantime, he gets to work one on one with arguably the best QB in the game today.

No need for Mike to jump ship. Why go to a less stable (albeit winning) organization and one where the owner was, allegedly, behind the firing of the last OC?

Seems like a lateral move to me...if he can't call plays, what's the point? Stay with Reid and take over after Bienemy's departure.

Amazingly fast rise. Just 3 years ago he was a grad assistant at NU. Now at 32 years old he's a candidate for OC. Wow.

Given his success and reputation as QB coach and the rise of young coaches in the NFL given recent success, Kafka can probably punch his ticket for OC openings. But KC is about as good a situation as you can get with Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill etc... Philly wouldn't be bad with a chance to resurrect Wentz with an offensive minded coach.

Reactions: NewBocacat
As an aside, if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, I assume Mike Kafka gets a Super Bowl ring along with the players? That will be cool.

Next NU HC???

Most guys who have been at both levels (college / NFL) say the NFL is so much a better job since its just football no recruiting, fund raising, sitting in airports half the time... unless you are the head coach at one of maybe 5 of the top college programs

Here's why Reid won't let him leave:

– He's essentially their passing game coordinator (without the title)+outstanding with pass game concepts.
– Once Bienemy gets his OC job, Kafka will take over as #Chiefs OC.
– He's very involved in game planning each week. https://t.co/D7CZNY3EjA

— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) January 21, 2020

Don't see Kafka leaving KC for an OC gig at all.

He'll eventually take over the OC role in KC and Reid is likely priming MK to be his replacement.

Here's why Reid won't let him leave:

– He's essentially their passing game coordinator (without the title)+outstanding with pass game concepts.
– Once Bienemy gets his OC job, Kafka will take over as #Chiefs OC.
– He's very involved in game planning each week. https://t.co/D7CZNY3EjA

— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) January 21, 2020

Don't see Kafka leaving KC for an OC gig at all.

He'll eventually take over the OC role in KC and Reid is likely priming MK to be his replacement.
I guess we're rooting for the Chiefs in this superbowl then.

Not likely. Good chance he’s an NFL HC soon. Hard to say where it goes from there, but if history is any guide, he likely stays in the NFL. Not too many guys go to college after an NFL career (Harbaugh, Lovie most obvious exceptions).
He may actually pass over Fitz in the next 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT