ADVERTISEMENT

Karma from Akron.

People asked me how NU lost to Akron and I said it was a crazy combination of plays that would never happen again in one half - two pick 6’s and a strip sack fumble in one half. Now I can say “the same way NU beat Utah”

Akron beat a great football team. Doesn't sound so bad when our loss can be phrased in that way after the season.

As great as the season played out, Akron sucked this year. And Duke was near the bottom of the ACC. Win those two games and we can add top ten ranking to the list of this years accomplishments.

As great as the season played out, Akron sucked this year. And Duke was near the bottom of the ACC. Win those two games and we can add top ten ranking to the list of this years accomplishments.
You must have eaten some sour lemons this morning. Go Cats Happy New Year.

You must have eaten some sour lemons this morning. Go Cats Happy New Year.
Nope. Great win, amazing second half, unreal D.

But facts are facts. Akron and Duke were crappy teams and if we had won those games, at 11-3, we would be also talking about a top ten finish.

Nope. Great win, amazing second half, unreal D.

But facts are facts. Akron and Duke were crappy teams and if we had won those games, at 11-3, we would be also talking about a top ten finish.
If we would have won all 14 games we’d be talking about a national championship game... we went 9-5 and won the division and the Holiday Bowl. Heck of a season.

Still, the Akron loss prevented another 10-win season (and Dook, at best, is a middling ACC team).

But despite those early losses, this season went about as best as we could have imagined (aside from beating dOSU and making it to the Rose Bowl).

Nonetheless, if the program wants to take the next step up (or rather, 2 steps up) and wants to compete not only for B1G championships but make it to the play-offs, gotta cut down on those type of losses.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Still, the Akron loss prevented another 10-win season (and Dook, at best, is a middling ACC team).

But despite those early losses, this season went about as best as we could have imagined (aside from beating dOSU and making it to the Rose Bowl).

Nonetheless, if the program wants to take the next step up (or rather, 2 steps up) and wants to compete not only for B1G championships but make it to the play-offs, gotta cut down on those type of losses.

If we go 10-3, we're top 15 for sure. 3rd 10 win season in 4 years. That would have been nice.

Damn you Akron.

But, I'll take a B1G West title and a Bowl win. Next year, I want MOAR.

Reactions: zeek55 and IGNORE2
Akron, Yes.

Duke? No. You lose credibility with that argument.

No I don’t. Nearly bottom of the ACC, which is an underwhelming P5 conference this year. Unranked. No impressive wins except us.

Sorry, but a top 20 team should beat Duke every week this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT