ADVERTISEMENT

Key indicators pointing up this season in Evanston

was poring through Phil Steele's College Football Preview over the weekend and came up with these four key indicators that say Northwestern will contend in the Big Ten West this season.

Story: Steele's signs pointing up in Evanston
Thanks Lou. In my mind, Phil Steele is the gold standard when it comes to pre-season prognosticators. I also liked your comment about the linebackers and would absolutely agree. One never knows what happens between now and the end of the season, but it seems to me that the stars are potentially aligned.

Thanks Lou. In my mind, Phil Steele is the gold standard when it comes to pre-season prognosticators. I also liked your comment about the linebackers and would absolutely agree. One never knows what happens between now and the end of the season, but it seems to me that the stars are potentially aligned.

If I recall correctly, he predicted big things in 2014 too. I expect a lot of close games. We need to grab the W in those. No one of the schedule is an automatic L, but we only have a few that SHOULD be an automatic W. ISU will haunt me for life in making predictions.

I agree that he puts out the most comprehensive analysis of the most statistics and I respect his work. The thing that haunts me about Steele is it is almost too much. Like Nostradamus, if you predict enough things many of them come true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT