ADVERTISEMENT

KHALID JONES IS A WILDCAT!

Welcome Khalid, Very excited to have you as a Cat!!

Go Cats!!!

This is a pivotal commitment from a player whom I feel will be an integral cog in the 'Cats' LB corps heading into the next 4-to-5 years (depending on who might red-shirt). WIth this addition to a 2018 defensive class that contains O'Rourke, Leota, Mann, Newsome, Rivers and McDonald - high quality playmakers, one and all - Doc's rushing attack stopping power will be a strength for the 'Cats.

Congrats and welcome, Khalid. You will value this decision more & more throughout your college career.

This is a pivotal commitment from a player whom I feel will be an integral cog in the 'Cats' LB corps heading into the next 4-to-5 years (depending on who might red-shirt). WIth this addition to a 2018 defensive class that contains O'Rourke, Leota, Mann, Newsome and McDonald - high quality playmakers, one and all - Doc's rushing attack stopping power will be a strength for the 'Cats.

Congrats and welcome, Khalid. You will value this decision more & more throughout your college career.

I profess to know nothing about recruiting, but this kid gets me excited. Maybe it's a combination of the geography, His other offers, the little bit of tape I watched, and the fact that I see him playing middle linebacker her.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
This is a pivotal commitment from a player whom I feel will be an integral cog in the 'Cats' LB corps heading into the next 4-to-5 years (depending on who might red-shirt). WIth this addition to a 2018 defensive class that contains O'Rourke, Leota, Mann, Newsome, Rivers and McDonald - high quality playmakers, one and all - Doc's rushing attack stopping power will be a strength for the 'Cats.

You forgot this years sleeper, DB Ethan Bonner. Lowest ranked of the bunch, but we usually do good with these under the radar DB's. An offer by Stanford confirms he has the chops.

Now we need to use the last 1-2 spots on skilled O players.

We have some great talent coming the next few years on the D side of the ball. These 3 LB's look superb. I don't think we have ever had 3 consecutive classes as good as the last 3.

Call me Urkel, cos I'm geeked!

Really liked what I saw of him on tape. Aside from what was side already, he looks like a good tackler and a big hitter.

You forgot this years sleeper, DB Ethan Bonner. Lowest ranked of the bunch, but we usually do good with these under the radar DB's. An offer by Stanford confirms he has the chops.

Now we need to use the last 1-2 spots on skilled O players.

We have some great talent coming the next few years on the D side of the ball. These 3 LB's look superb. I don't think we have ever had 3 consecutive classes as good as the last 3.
Who are the best viable options left for the 2018 recruiting class ?

Who are the best viable options left for the 2018 recruiting class ?

I think they will slow play this last scholarship. They'll look to add a late blooming senior who explodes during his senior year or a high ranking recruit who decides to decommit at the last minute. A running back or wide receiver is the likely focus.

From what I see seems like pretty comparable level of recruit with many of the same or similar offers.

I realize it makes me sound like a giant homer, but I like Rivers and Jones much better on tape than Franklin... and apparently the coaches do as well, seeing as they told Franklin he was off the board when Rivers committed and continued recruiting Jones.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I realize it makes me sound like a giant homer, but I like Rivers and Jones much better on tape than Franklin... and apparently the coaches do as well, seeing as they told Franklin he was off the board when Rivers committed and continued recruiting Jones.

There would also be the extended learning curve for Franklin at LB. Jones and Rivers are much more familiar with playing the position. Franklin seemed more suited for Superback, but we already had two of them in this class. Franklin seems like an odd fit at TE for Whisky as they typically trot out the jumbo TE's.

Mos def. Most of Franklins tape was offense. I think he'd make a fine TE, but Rivers' play near the LOS was pretty convincing

Only a troll doesn't sound like a Homer once and a while.
I like this hypothesis.

Do you think it's an ILB vs. OLB kind of thing? Or just flat out higher evaluations on Jones?

Do you think it's an ILB vs. OLB kind of thing? Or just flat out higher evaluations on Jones?

Rivers and Franklin were more Sam's, while Mann and Jones are more Mike/Will (at least if you ask me). Either way, Jones was good enough to stay on the "best available" list while Franklin was not.

Rivers and Franklin were more Sam's, while Mann and Jones are more Mike/Will (at least if you ask me). Either way, Jones was good enough to stay on the "best available" list while Franklin was not.
He had the whole name thing going against him too

I am not much of a talent evaluator but could/does Khalid have the potential to be as good as Napoleon Harris or Nick Roach? Or is he more of a AWalk or Barry Gardener? Maybe he might make as many tackles as Tim Mcgarigle? I'd be happy if he was a blend of all or close to as good as any of these stars for NU.

I am not much of a talent evaluator but could/does Khalid have the potential to be as good as Napoleon Harris or Nick Roach? Or is he more of a AWalk or Barry Gardener? Maybe he might make as many tackles as Tim Mcgarigle? I'd be happy if he was a blend of all or close to as good as any of these stars for NU.

My Magic 8-ball said "Better not tell you now"

http://www.ask8ball.net/

His build reminds me a bit of AWalk. He looks like he can add weight easily, which is not necessarily a good thing. He moves very well, like AW.

Will be interested in seeing how things get sorted out with Fox, Fisher and Jones.

I have a feeling that Gallagher is going to have a say as well. It's easy to forget how highly recruited he was due to his early commit (December 2015 before signing day in February 2017), but there's a reason he'd already been offered by BC, Cal, Duke, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Virginia at that early juncture. He's pretty good.

And no that's not a slam on Jango or other linebackers. Just feel like Gallagher gets overlooked on these boards for some reason.

Reactions: YesterdaysCat
The one thing we've learned in recent years is that injuries happen. I'm glad we're loading up at linebacker after losing highly productive or high potential players early to career-ending injuries recently like Collin Ellis, J Prater, C Quiero, T Vitale, etc.

I have a feeling that Gallagher is going to have a say as well. It's easy to forget how highly recruited he was due to his early commit (December 2015 before signing day in February 2017), but there's a reason he'd already been offered by BC, Cal, Duke, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Virginia at that early juncture. He's pretty good.

And no that's not a slam on Jango or other linebackers. Just feel like Gallagher gets overlooked on these boards for some reason.

Would be nice to receive an early commit from his brother as well. Time to get the 2019 class in gear. Lil' Gallagher and Evans would be a nice start.

I'm thinking he ends up at WIL rather than Mike given the depth at Mike. But lots of movable parts in the LB corps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT