ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Prater

supposedly coming in with a host of others for try-outs with the Bears

The Bears are so confusing. They are depleted at WR, and then go and release Tanner Gentry. Not saying Gentry is a future star, but when you are that depleted at WR, you'd think you may hold on to a WR that has shown at least a little something in a complete rebuilding season where wins really don't matter.

The Bears are so confusing. They are depleted at WR, and then go and release Tanner Gentry. Not saying Gentry is a future star, but when you are that depleted at WR, you'd think you may hold on to a WR that has shown at least a little something in a complete rebuilding season where wins really don't matter.

It's all about roster management. They needed a DB and had to waive Gentry to elevate a DB from the practice squad. They will sign Gentry back to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

It's all about roster management. They needed a DB and had to waive Gentry to elevate a DB from the practice squad. They will sign Gentry back to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

I totally get that. I do. But without doing a ton of research on it, I got to think waiving someone from a position group not as depleted as WR may have made more sense.

I want to trust the Bears organization, but that's like trusting Pinnochio.

Reactions: NUCat320
I totally get that. I do. But without doing a ton of research on it, I got to think waiving someone from a position group not as depleted as WR may have made more sense.

Pace knows what he is doing. The Bears currently have 6 WRs on the active roster and only 3 healthy safeties. NFL rosters are sparse. You can only dress 46 on game day.

Question in NFL waivers. If a team picks up a player released from another team, do they HAVE TO put him on their 53 man roster for a period? How does that work?

Question in NFL waivers. If a team picks up a player released from another team, do they HAVE TO put him on their 53 man roster for a period? How does that work?

Yes, if they claim him, that player has to go on the active roster. Not sure for how long, I think at least 1 game.

Find me a position group on the Bears that you wouldn't call "depleted". This team could be headed for 0-16. Just hope they can get a Herschel Walker-ian package for the right to draft Sam Darnold.

Reactions: IGNORE2
[QUOTE="PURPLECAT88, post: 447216, member: 320"]Find me a position group on the Bears that you wouldn't call "depleted". This team could be headed for 0-16. Just hope they can get a Herschel Walker-ian package for the right to draft Sam Darnold.[/QUOTE]

Pat O'Donnell is fine. Not depleted at punter. There, I did it.

They could cut Bellamy instead if you ask me. Has Dez White hands without the speed.

Pace knows what he is doing. The Bears currently have 6 WRs on the active roster and only 3 healthy safeties. NFL rosters are sparse. You can only dress 46 on game day.

You keep saying that and I hope you are right. My question is going to be how long will it take? Injuries excuse for a couple years now. It's not like other teams don't get injuries. At the end of this year it will be all Fox's fault and Pace will buy himself more time. It he is sitting on the first couple of picks he better be able to convert that into a boatload of picks, because we aren't taking Darnold or Rosen now. Sorry, just not as sold as you are on Pace's abilities to turn this around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT