ADVERTISEMENT

Lausch is a great runner, fast, and horribly inaccurate

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
Not sustainable in the Big Ten conference season have to be able to hit open receivers or we may as well become Army and run the option.

Hopefully it improves.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Not sustainable in the Big Ten conference season have to be able to hit open receivers or we may as well become Army and run the option.

Hopefully it improves.

Yes Sir. But I'll take Lausch the Runner over Wright the Runner all day long. And pray the OL somehow figures out how to play Big Ten football.

Reactions: Jaguar 88

Hopefully it improves.
I think it will. Stats impacted by at least four dropped passes, and he looked great on last drive. He was nervous early. First career start. I’m very hopeful.

I’d say it seems Lausch shows good pocket awareness and ability to run away from pressure, for his level of experience. Accuracy is not great but neither is Wright’s. And I think Wright’s passes float more. If there is little difference between them then it may make more sense to ride with Lausch since could potentially improve into a multi year starter.

Lausch upside >>>> Wright upside

Very marginal difference between the two today. You ride with Lausch and get him the experience. Already looks infinitely better as this game has progressed.
Agree, his accuracy improved on the drives since I wrote my prior post. He looks more like a QB now. Level of competition is much lower then the first 2 weeks but it’s a pretty good start.

Agree, his accuracy improved on the drives since I wrote my prior post. He looks more like a QB now. Level of competition is much lower then the first 2 weeks but it’s a pretty good start.
11-11 passing in the second half. I guess that’s the Jack Lausch the coaches saw in practice.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I agree with anyone/everyone who says Lausch isn't a great passer.

But...

#1 - Dude has never gotten steady reps as QB1. The sooner Lujan and Braun make a final decision on this (maybe already?) the quicker he can and will hopefully develop.

#2 - Very little if any of NU's overall offensive strategy and playbook has taken into account what we have with Lausch...a guy who at this stage wants to run a second or two before he should; not a lot of accuracy on his throws. We might not be able to build a 10-win team around that, but let's see what we can do if the coaches build the offense around his style of play.

I agree with anyone/everyone who says Lausch isn't a great passer.

But...

#1 - Dude has never gotten steady reps as QB1. The sooner Lujan and Braun make a final decision on this (maybe already?) the quicker he can and will hopefully develop.

#2 - Very little if any of NU's overall offensive strategy and playbook has taken into account what we have with Lausch...a guy who at this stage wants to run a second or two before he should; not a lot of accuracy on his throws. We might not be able to build a 10-win team around that, but let's see what we can do if the coaches build the offense around his style of play.
Not a lot of accuracy on his throws? He was 16 of 18 in the last 32 minutes, including completing his last 11. How much more accurate do you want him to be?

Not a lot of accuracy on his throws? He was 16 of 18 in the last 32 minutes, including completing his last 11. How much more accurate do you want him to be?
Mea culpa here as I wholeheartedly admit my memories from Saturday night were seeing incomplete passes in the first half offset by some good running.

Reactions: No Chores

Very marginal difference between the two today. You ride with Lausch and get him the experience. Already looks infinitely better as this game has progressed.
Lausch seemed less indecisive in his decisions. At the beginning he was off the mark on this throws. But later he started connecting. Though he was helped some by his receivers and many of his throws were high
11-11 passing in the second half. I guess that’s the Jack Lausch the coaches saw in practice.
He had help from receivers catching some high balls, Example earlier Lang muffed a pass that hit him in the hands but later made the spectacular TD catch

Reactions: benoitdenizetl

HUGE difference. He did not turn the ball over. If not the biggest stat, darn close

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT