ADVERTISEMENT

Law couldn't make a bucket today!

During the last 5 weeks, with the Michigan game the exception, his shooting has been terrible while we are making an NCAA tournament run. His defense is great. So tell me, what is Vic's career shooting percentage?
Law expends tones of energy on D and having to fight through screens. While we had time off during the year earlier, the last 4 to 5 weeks have been a gauntlet. Much of that time we were playing every third day and he has had to be on the floor just about every minute. Last few have been every 4th day but no real time off to recover. Who knows what dings he has had to deal with. First thing to suffer is shooting

Next year, I see him as being a little bigger and stronger and having more help

I already gave you the stats. He's an athletic player and an excellent defender - he just doesn't shoot very well.

He's been slumping but he is an above-average shooter. Even after not hitting any of his 3's against Purdue, he is still shooting .386 from 3-point territory. That's actually very good. That's He needs to get better at finishing around the basket and drawing fouls. That will raise his shooting percentage considerably. But outside shooters are going to have bad games and bad stretches. We already talked about Melo Trimble going 2 for 22 from 3-point range prior to the game against NU. I would much rather have Law go cold against Purdue and be hot in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Gladeskat
I still wonder if RI or Falzon get a chance to unseat Law next fall if his O doesn't improve. Personally, I will hope for Lindsey 2.0 in that Law comes in next season with a new found ability to put the hoop in the basket outside a dunk.
There is no way that RI or Falzon will get a chance to unseat Law. He generally guards the other team's best scorer and does a consistently great job. He's an outstanding rebounder for a 3 and grabs rebounds that nobody else on the team can get. He's shooting .383 from 3-point territory (which is 2nd highest on the team by a wide margin - Lindsey is shooting .331 form 3-point range) and he's had some really good offensive games throughout the season. And he kept us in the biggest game in the school's history with his offense. If he doesn't improve at all offensively next year (and I fully expect him to improve a lot), he will still play 32 minutes a game. He has been playing 36 plus minutes a game and has to be wearing down a little bit. RI, Falzon and Skelly will share the 4 and I assume RI and/or Falzon will get 6 to 8 minutes at the 3. About 6 weeks ago, the topic of conversation was how BMac was a bad shooter. Players have shooting slumps. That's basketball. Folks need to understand that.

Another thread that was much ado about nothing. Is 10-13 and 4-5 from 3 in the last two games OK enough for some of the people who called out Law here?

Reactions: D_C_B
No kidding. No Chores is just a bad poster. He tries hard but the percentage of his posts that are correct is really low. He'd be cut on a lot of other boards.

Seriously, 90% of college shooters are streaky. Folks on this board need to understand that. Guys who shoot close to 40% from 3 are good shooters but they are still going to have 0 for 6 games and stretches where their shot is not falling. Otherwise, you would have a bunch of guys shooting 60% from 3.

Let's hope the team stays hot for the next few weeks. We need to get more guys that can draw fouls going to the basket but for now we are going to have to win with defense, rebounding and outside shooting.

No kidding. No Chores is just a bad poster. He tries hard but the percentage of his posts that are correct is really low. He'd be cut on a lot of other boards.

Seriously, 90% of college shooters are streaky. Folks on this board need to understand that. Guys who shoot close to 40% from 3 are good shooters but they are still going to have 0 for 6 games and stretches where their shot is not falling. Otherwise, you would have a bunch of guys shooting 60% from 3.

Let's hope the team stays hot for the next few weeks. We need to get more guys that can draw fouls going to the basket but for now we are going to have to win with defense, rebounding and outside shooting.
Great points.

Just look at Trimble. He was unstoppable and hit some deep 3s in Evanston. Not so much yesterday.

I love this team and can't wait to be at Welsh-Ryan tomorrow no matter the results of today's game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT