ADVERTISEMENT

Law, Lindsey, Lumpkin start G-League play Friday

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Law is with Lakeland, the Orlando affiliate. Lakeland opens at Fort Wayne.

Lumpkin is with College Park (Ga.), the Atlanta Hawks affiliate (relocated from Erie.)

Lindsey is playing with the new, temporary Erie BayHawks, the New Orleans Pelicans affiliate who will relocate to Birmingham in 2 years.

College Park opens the season at Erie, so Cats fans will have one eye on Welsh-Ryan and one eye on Erie Insurance Arena.

None of the three Cats legends list their current team in their Twitter bio.

Any news on Reggie Hearn? Looks like he played for the South Bay Lakers last year.

Apparently Ryan Taylor was drafted with the 24th pick by Lakeland but didn't make the team.

Apparently Ryan Taylor was drafted with the 24th pick by Lakeland but didn't make the team.

Good find!

Listed as Ryan Holder on the official G-League draft board.

https://gleague.nba.com/news/2019-nba-g-league-draft-board/

G-League draft is weird. Teams start declining picks in the second round.

(I’ve learned a lot about the G-League on the last 18 hours, though I have watched less than 3 minutes.)

On Taylor being waived:
https://lakeland.gleague.nba.com/news/lakeland-magic-waive-three-and-finalize-roster/

Unless things have changed in the last year or two, I was under the impression that a much better living could be made playing in Europe than in the G-League. And the odds of jumping from the G-League to the NBA really aren't good enough to justify the peanuts they pay.

Unless things have changed in the last year or two, I was under the impression that a much better living could be made playing in Europe than in the G-League. And the odds of jumping from the G-League to the NBA really aren't good enough to justify the peanuts they pay.
G-League is far lower paying than European leagues (base salary $7k/month), but the path to the NBA has become pretty good. I think the G-League is up to 26 teams. According to a G-League release, 42 percent of opening day nba players had G-League experience.

Reactions: CatManTrue
DNP-CD for both Lumpkin and Lindsey, as Erie blew out College Park.

Law started and played 29 minutes in a blowout win for Lakeland. 4-for-9, 11 points, 5 boards. Second on the team at +28.

Lumpkin: has not played in first three games, with ankle injury reported in game 2
Lindsey: DNP-CD in first 3 games
Law: has started all 4 games; double figure scoring in 3 games, at least 5 boards every time out; had a monster 15/10/4 outing (tho was -4) in a 106-100 win on Monday night
Hearn: started opening night and went 2-for-11 from field. Has come off bench in most recent 2 games, tho put up 10/3 and +9 in 16 minutes in a 121-118 win. 9 points came in a ~3 minute stretch between 1st and 2nd quarters. The South Bay Lakers have a team of famous relatives, with Gary Payton, Jr., David Stockton, and Kostas “Greek Freak’s brother” all seeing serious minutes. Also THT.

Law will see some time with the big club, I think.

Reactions: EagerFan and DaCat
Thanks for the update @NUCat320

Seems Law is making a strong case for being called up.

Law has everything it takes, imho, to be a strong member of a pro team. He doesn’t have enough to be THE guy day in/day out, but boy with at least a pair of solid teammates he can be a vital player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT