ADVERTISEMENT

Legends Classic Tournament Roll Call

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
I’m thinking about heading to Newark for our 9:30pm game next Monday.

Is anyone else?

Reactions: Turk
I'm on the fence. Prudential Center is a 1 hour commute from where I live in Brooklyn which means I wouldn't get home until roughly 1AM. Not ideal when I have to work a full day AND fly cross country for the holiday next Tuesday.

The appeal, of course, are the unbelievably cheap tickets to see a promising 'Cats squad. A 'Cats squad that won't play in the NYC area again this season...

I'm on the fence. Prudential Center is a 1 hour commute from where I live in Brooklyn which means I wouldn't get home until roughly 1AM. Not ideal when I have to work a full day AND fly cross country for the holiday next Tuesday.

The appeal, of course, are the unbelievably cheap tickets to see a promising 'Cats squad. A 'Cats squad that won't play in the NYC area again this season...
My thoughts as well. Usually I look forward to their game at the RAC (plentiful parking!) but they only play Rutgers in Evanston this year.

I don’t know what the parking’s like at Prudential. I won’t be able to attend the earlier game so am somewhat glad we have the late game.

Greatly appreciated. Hadn't heard of that site before.

I would also note that ticket prices have been creeping lower throughout the week on Stubhub. If you’re willing to hold out buying for another 24-48 hours, I’d bet you’d get a pretty good deal.

9:30 pm tip on a Monday in Newark the week of Thanksgiving isn’t an easy ask.

Greatly appreciated. Hadn't heard of that site before.
I have bought from Ticketmaster, stubhub, vividseats, seatgeek, gametime and tickpick. Often same seats are on all of them. Tickpick shows prices with fees included and lately it’s where I’ve found the cheapest tickets.

I’ve never bought from rateyourseats, ticketfire, rukkus or t!ckets. But those are some others

I would also note that ticket prices have been creeping lower throughout the week on Stubhub. If you’re willing to hold out buying for another 24-48 hours, I’d bet you’d get a pretty good deal.

9:30 pm tip on a Monday in Newark the week of Thanksgiving isn’t an easy ask.
Prices have gone down from close to face ($25) to $15 since yesterday. You can also buy a parking pass in advance at Prucenter.com/parking
There will be a lot of gangbangers and MS 13 members to usher you to your seat or test drive your car
What is the point of this comment?

Reactions: Alan Smithee
Prices have gone down from close to face ($25) to $15 since yesterday. You can also buy a parking pass in advance at Prucenter.com/parking

Humor? 🤷‍♂️

or trigger some thin skinned individuals that are probably casting some of their own generalizations this very night but are terribly offended by anyone else doing the same 🤷‍♂️

Humor? 🤷‍♂️

or trigger some thin skinned individuals that are probably casting some of their own generalizations this very night but are terribly offended by anyone else doing the same 🤷‍♂️
I thought humor was supposed to be funny.

doc seriously "needs work" because that's a really poor effort at funny.

Fans wanna know if he's just recycling old IGNORE2 jokes. ;)

Humor? 🤷‍♂️

or trigger some thin skinned individuals that are probably casting some of their own generalizations this very night but are terribly offended by anyone else doing the same 🤷‍♂️You’re being an asshole. He asked about parking. I asked what the point of the comment was.

I would attend If I didn’t have to work it’s only an hour drive with me living in Philadelphia but I have to catch a flight Tuesday afternoon to Atlanta for Thanksgiving weekend plus would much rather attend the Maryland game in a couple weeks.

I thought humor was supposed to be funny.

doc seriously "needs work" because that's a really poor effort at funny.

Fans wanna know if he's just recycling old IGNORE2 jokes. ;)
Team sports. Support your team. In thought it was funny. But I’m not particularly sensitive or weak.

Be great if Simpson could learn how to post. But for the record, takes one to know one and we seemingly have a bunch of them around which is why we all understand each other so well.

Been a great day - hope everyone enjoyed it as we prepare for tomorrow. :)

Be great if Simpson could learn how to post. But for the record, takes one to know one and we seemingly have a bunch of them around which is why we all understand each other so well.
If this board would stick to 1) the topic at hand (Northwestern sports) and 2) not devolve into 3rd derivative comments of off-topic comments (the ability to post in response to how ‘thin skinned’ someone is in response to a comment about the crime rate surrounding the arena of our next game), this board will be a better place.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
I would attend If I didn’t have to work it’s only an hour drive with me living in Philadelphia but I have to catch a flight Tuesday afternoon to Atlanta for Thanksgiving weekend plus would much rather attend the Maryland game in a couple weeks.

Fair. It’s a tough commute for many people in NYC as well. Still, I think this team might have something so I’m going to make the trek.

I’m hoping that some of the lower center tix dip in price too.

Fair. It’s a tough commute for many people in NYC as well. Still, I think this team might have something so I’m going to make the trek.
Agreed I also have a two week vacation in January so I might decide to make the trek up to Evanston for my first time , heard the new Arena is Beautiful would love to see that and the campus in itself.

Agreed I also have a two week vacation in January so I might decide to make the trek up to Evanston for my first time , heard the new Arena is Beautiful would love to see that and the campus in itself.
My wife described the arena as “a mix between a sports venue and a boutique hotel. Where there’s 8 student workers for each spectator and thank you for coming every time you go by them”

If this board would stick to 1) the topic at hand (Northwestern sports) and 2) not devolve into 3rd derivative comments of off-topic comments (the ability to post in response to how ‘thin skinned’ someone is in response to a comment about the crime rate surrounding the arena of our next game), this board will be a better place.
Or if they opened a place for all those off topic style posts to be place and where folks could vent and release without heavy handed moderation. The opposite of a safe space, if you will. That would probably improve the quality of the other boards.

I spent 4 years in Newark. i was assaulted several times ,including being stabbed. My car was stolen and stripped. My post was to "humorously" warn Cat fans to be careful if they planned on attending the games.

I saw as many gunshot wounds in those 4 years as I did in the rest of my career

If I have the chance to meet CatManTrue, how could I not go?
He is legendary. A more rational form of midvaledave
Wow, thanks guys! After some heat this season on the football boards, it’s nice to get a little dap.

Unfortunately I’ve developed some coldlike symptoms over the past couple of days. I don’t think it’s COVID (and I’ve been fully vaxxed for months even if it is), but my attendance is now a gameday decision.

I also got the flu shot a few weeks ago to be safe.

I spent 4 years in Newark. i was assaulted several times ,including being stabbed. My car was stolen and stripped. My post was to "humorously" warn Cat fans to be careful if they planned on attending the games.

I saw as many gunshot wounds in those 4 years as I did in the rest of my career
Doc - sorry to hear about your experiences there. Given the late tipoff I am driving to the game. Normally I'd take the PATH or NJT.

Wow, thanks guys! After some heat this season on the football boards, it’s nice to get a little dap.

Unfortunately I’ve developed some coldlike symptoms over the past couple of days. I don’t think it’s COVID (and I’ve been fully vaxxed for months even if it is), but my attendance is now a gameday decision.

I also got the flu shot a few weeks ago to be safe.
Hope you feel better and can make it.

Reactions: CatManTrue
Doc - sorry to hear about your experiences there. Given the late tipoff I am driving to the game. Normally I'd take the PATH or NJT.
If anyone here is driving from Brooklyn, I'd cover your parking costs for a ride back from the game.

I presume this means you are NOT flying from EWR...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT