ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Tailgate for Apparel?

T
LOL. The guy insisted that I come in and buy it (which I was prepared to do provided he could confirm it was in stock, which he made sound like a real pain). So I went to another web site and ordered online. 1995 can have its shoppers back.
They’re truly the best and a true mom and pop. You might have caught them on an off day or a new employee, but they have the best stuff and are just really good people. The other stores around Evanston are the opposite.

T

They’re truly the best and a true mom and pop. You might have caught them on an off day or a new employee, but they have the best stuff and are just really good people. The other stores around Evanston are the opposite.
I bought a Gothic top there over the summer, and the woman I talked to do was helpful. I asked for her specifically (she knows kid sizes) and was told she was busy. I asked to have her call me when she freed up. No dice. "Just come in" was the response. Not helpful.

I bought a Gothic top there over the summer, and the woman I talked to do was helpful. I asked for her specifically (she knows kid sizes) and was told she was busy. I asked to have her call me when she freed up. No dice. "Just come in" was the response. Not helpful.
Interesting story about the Gothic jersey. I was tailgating in the west lot a couple of years ago and I walked by these two older, curmudgeonly looking fellows who had just put on their Gothic jerseys. I hadn't seen the jersey up close before and I asked one of them, after telling him how great it looked, where he got it? He replied "from the Coach Fitzgerald, I'm his dad." Cool encounter, I thought.

Last edited:
Seem like good folks and good supporters of the program. I do think it is a mom-and-pop type place and with how much quantity and variety of different stuff they have jammed into that store, I’m not surprised that they have issues with knowing inventory. I think there is just way too much different stuff in that store, kind of wish they would narrow down their product selection in the store and I have an online catalog that you could order more stuff from.

Along those lines, I really wish they would have the Norris bookstore open on Sunday of homecoming weekend. I wanted to look at their selection but didn’t get there in time on Friday, and was busy with game activities all Saturday.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Seem like good folks and good supporters of the program. I do think it is a mom-and-pop type place and with how much quantity and variety of different stuff they have jammed into that store, I’m not surprised that they have issues with knowing inventory. I think there is just way too much different stuff in that store, kind of wish they would narrow down their product selection in the store and I have an online catalog that you could order more stuff from.

Along those lines, I really wish they would have the Norris bookstore open on Sunday of homecoming weekend. I wanted to look at their selection but didn’t get there in time on Friday, and was busy with game activities all Saturday.
Dave and Cindy are great supporters of everything NU!

It's definitely a happy purple place, but there's a lot of merchandise in not a lot of space, making it somewhat difficult to shop there.

How recently were you there? A couple of years ago they took over the store next-door and more than doubled their space.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
According to the NU Official Online store, the merchandise they sell on that site is provided by Let’s Tailgate so there's always that route.

How recently were you there? A couple of years ago they took over the store next-door and more than doubled their space.

I was just there a few weeks ago. It's still an overstuffed mess, but you can't beat the selection and the people are very nice.

So the wife called me today and apologized for the miscommunication. Very classy! I assured her I had no beef with LTG and told her about well-regarded the store is on these forums. I would certainly shop there again.
Wow... this board has power! You know... Let's Tailgate hasn't sent me any free jerseys in a while. Not sure what I think about that.

(Waits to see what happens....)

Reactions: DaCat and NUCat320
I was obviously annoyed when I hung up the phone. I did not want to make the trek up there to find out the jersey was not in stock. But it is quite clear they will do what it takes to help their customers. Not easy having a retail business, especially one that caters to such a small community (NU fans).

Wow... this board has power! You know... Let's Tailgate hasn't sent me any free jerseys in a while. Not sure what I think about that.

(Waits to see what happens....)
Hey, stop working FloridAlums side of the street.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT