ADVERTISEMENT

Like I said

WildAboutThePurple

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2018
Like I said, Collins has no clue how to coach a team. He might be able to recruit but that doesnt matter. As long as he coaches, we will be a once dance wonder. He got lucky one season. Accept it guys. We have a terrible offense. No adjustments. Not enough athletes. You guys can say what you want. Coach is a bum.

Like I said, Collins has no clue how to coach a team. He might be able to recruit but that doesnt matter. As long as he coaches, we will be a once dance wonder. He got lucky one season. Accept it guys. We have a terrible offense. No adjustments. Not enough athletes. You guys can say what you want. Coach is a bum.

I don’t believe that. I really don’t. No doubt there is a big issue with this team though. The offense operates poorly. There appears to be an issue with team chemistry as well. For whatever reason, the 2017-18 Cats team just isn’t working.

Reactions: Artie M.
I don’t believe that. I really don’t. No doubt there is a big issue with this team though. The offense operates poorly. There appears to be an issue with team chemistry as well. For whatever reason, the 2017-18 Cats team just isn’t working.

Don't feed the troll. Anyone who says our coach is a "bum" clearly falls into that category, and is trolling badly at that.

Reactions: Artie M.
Don't feed the troll. Anyone who says our coach is a "bum" clearly falls into that category, and is trolling badly at that.

In 5 seasons he will have made exactly one postseason. And won’t have even come close in the other 4.

And if he allows Lindsay to literally walk back on defense because he’s still moping about another of his misses, while we get scored on because it’s 5 against 4, then he needs to reevaluate what he’s doing and not doing.

Lindsay going 1-15 doesn’t surprise anyone anymore: CC allowing him to pout in game, isn’t Lindsay’s fault, it’s CC’s.

Embarrassing.

I
In 5 seasons he will have made exactly one postseason. And won’t have even come close in the other 4.

And if he allows Lindsay to literally walk back on defense because he’s still moping about another of his misses, while we get scored on because it’s 5 against 4, then he needs to reevaluate what he’s doing and not doing.

Lindsay going 1-15 doesn’t surprise anyone anymore: CC allowing him to pout in game, isn’t Lindsay’s fault, it’s CC’s.

Embarrassing.
agree! Start Brown!

Embarrassing.

Lol how you conveniently stated "postseason". How many NCAA tournaments has Carmody, or any other of our thousand coaches, made?

Lol how you conveniently stated "postseason". How many NCAA tournaments has Carmody, or any other of our thousand coaches, made?
I wasn’t comparing an ncaa to an nit, I was saying you and others who trip all over yourselves about cc, he’s made one postseason in 5!

Yes, an ncaa. Awesome job (no sarcasm).

That being said we will have had 4 NOTHING seasons sandwiched around that. Which doesn’t diminish or delete anything about a big dance. An awesome accomplishment.

We were one win away from that with BC. We were one injury away another time. Not to detract from last year, I’m just saying we were an inch away under BC too. He didn’t do it, cc did. My point is the hyperbolic ridiculousness with which some people view him. The guy is still making rookie mistakes in year 5.

The recruiting is COMPLETLY overrated. I’m not talking rival stars count, I’m talking how good are they. This is another awful big ten and we are in the bottom again.

All we heard from you for years was - let’s see what he does when he finally has all his own players. Well here’s your answer- totally uncompetitive. BC’s players were the nucleus last year, without them, we’re lost.

Next year on paper, we’re even worse. So let’s call it one postseason in 6 (and if we do make an nit next year, you may remind me my prediction was wrong). If I’m not, that will be about HALF of BC’s tenure with ONE postseason.

I wasn’t comparing an ncaa to an nit, I was saying you and others who trip all over yourselves about cc, he’s made one postseason in 5!

Yes, an ncaa. Awesome job (no sarcasm).

That being said we will have had 4 NOTHING seasons sandwiched around that. Which doesn’t diminish or delete anything about a big dance. An awesome accomplishment.

We were one win away from that with BC. We were one injury away another time. Not to detract from last year, I’m just saying we were an inch away under BC too. He didn’t do it, cc did. My point is the hyperbolic ridiculousness with which some people view him. The guy is still making rookie mistakes in year 5.

The recruiting is COMPLETLY overrated. I’m not talking rival stars count, I’m talking how good are they. This is another awful big ten and we are in the bottom again.

All we heard from you for years was - let’s see what he does when he finally has all his own players. Well here’s your answer- totally uncompetitive. BC’s players were the nucleus last year, without them, we’re lost.

Next year on paper, we’re even worse. So let’s call it one postseason in 6 (and if we do make an nit next year, you may remind me my prediction was wrong). If I’m not, that will be about HALF of BC’s tenure with ONE postseason.

Dude you're delusional. We were not an "inch" away from making the Dance under BC, and our talent that we have recruited is light years better than it was under BC. And link to any quote from me where I talked about CC having his own players in any context? I'll wait...

True.

Collins won 6 Big 10 games with Carmody's players.

Will he win 6 this year with his superior talent? Time will tell.

I believe that he will win at least 6. Would wager with you, but you don't have a screenname to wager and I like your posting too much for a board ban wager. But if you can think of anything interesting, I'm game...

Reactions: olshin
I believe that he will win at least 6. Would wager with you, but you don't have a screenname to wager and I like your posting too much for a board ban wager. But if you can think of anything interesting, I'm game...
I don't bet against my team (anymore). I think they get 4 more wins: @Minny, Wisconsin, @Iowa and 1 long shot upset.

Reactions: olshin
Dude you're delusional. We were not an "inch" away from making the Dance under BC, and our talent that we have recruited is light years better than it was under BC. And link to any quote from me where I talked about CC having his own players in any context? I'll wait...

1). Committee members said that if we’d have beaten Minny in the BTT, we were in. Committee members. You were probably using Kenpom.

2). Not sure what you mean by light years. But CC must utterly suck to be 1-5 with light years better talent. BC was four for four at one point.

Bottom line: the kids cc has recruited would all have one less star if cc had played at northwest juco. There’s a duke bump. His first full team.... essentially sucks. Next year looks even worse. So, maybe he gets the kids he wants (which is excellent and half the battle), but maybe he’s not a great judge. And if you think he is a great judge (i.e. the recruits are “talented”), then it’s a poor omen for what he can do even with talent.

Anyway, these kids visibly mope, visibly give up, whine and get distracted. This isn’t a BC vs cc thing , or a BC, cc thing at all. This is a soft, not very talented team. And if not for last years historically weak schedule, we’d be discussing cc’s replacement right now, instead of how great he is, and other nonsensical things like- how do we keep Duke from stealing him.

This is one of the worst Indiana teams ever. They were playing subs with 15 minutes to go.

I’m not anti CC. I am saying he is a middle of the pack coach who is learning on the job (at our expense, literally and figuratively, if you donate to the school).

1). Committee members said that if we’d have beaten Minny in the BTT, we were in. Committee members. You were probably using Kenpom.

2). Not sure what you mean by light years. But CC must utterly suck to be 1-5 with light years better talent. BC was four for four at one point.

Bottom line: the kids cc has recruited would all have one less star if cc had played at northwest juco. There’s a duke bump. His first full team.... essentially sucks. Next year looks even worse. So, maybe he gets the kids he wants (which is excellent and half the battle), but maybe he’s not a great judge. And if you think he is a great judge (i.e. the recruits are “talented”), then it’s a poor omen for what he can do even with talent.

Anyway, these kids visibly mope, visibly give up, whine and get distracted. This isn’t a BC vs cc thing , or a BC, cc thing at all. This is a soft, not very talented team. And if not for last years historically weak schedule, we’d be discussing cc’s replacement right now, instead of how great he is, and other nonsensical things like- how do we keep Duke from stealing him.

This is one of the worst Indiana teams ever. They were playing subs with 15 minutes to go.

I’m not anti CC. I am saying he is a middle of the pack coach who is learning on the job (at our expense, literally and figuratively, if you donate to the school).

1) We didn't beat Minny, we completely spit the bit. So we'll never know, huh?

2) We have light year's better talent by any objective measure.

3) We made the Dance last year. The DANCE!

4) Carmody is so good now he is coaching one of the worst team's in the Patriot league. Feel free to check in when he has all of "his" players, though....

4) Carmody is so good now he is coaching one of the worst team's in the Patriot league. Feel free to check in when he has all of "his" players, though....

Now you guys are starting to catch on. This guy cannot play Duke basketball with the recruits he gets at NU. You just cant comepete at NU with these level recruits and definitely not with this offensive style. Last year was an exception. We caught all the breaks we didnt catch during the BC era. Coach Collins, thank you for breaking the ncaa streak but you cant sustain success at NU. You just arnt good enough of a coach. Thank you for the most exciting season ever though. Forever grateful.

1). No. We DO know. They said it.

2). Disagree. But if you’re right, then you must admit that beyond recruiting, CC is a not up to the task?

4) Yes, has made more dances in less time than CC. Good point.

Embarrassing.
He didn't come close in his first 20-win season? (And wasn't that ghe 'Cats' first ever 20-win regular season?) Until this season, his win total increased every year. That's the sign of a good coach over the long run. I told EvanstonCat that there would be the occasional down year and that he was delusional for thinking otherwise. You're delusional too.

Now you guys are starting to catch on. This guy cannot play Duke basketball with the recruits he gets at NU. You just cant comepete at NU with these level recruits and definitely not with this offensive style. Last year was an exception. We caught all the breaks we didnt catch during the BC era. Coach Collins, thank you for breaking the ncaa streak but you cant sustain success at NU. You just arnt good enough of a coach. Thank you for the most exciting season ever though. Forever grateful.

I disagree.

Cc is learning. He potentially can play any style if he gets the recruits. He looks and acts like a rookie now, he won’t always. Our current talent level just isn’t very good. Cc isn’t currently a great coach by any stretch. Does that mean he NEVER will be? Of course not.

But either he or his players must jump up a quantum very soon.

Too early to blame cc. 8 guys on this team couldn’t score 10 points in 40 minutes in an empty gym.

But I just still can’t believe that he lets kids WALK back up the court on defense and then they get to start the very next game.

He’s undisciplined and emotional and young: that can be good, that can be deadly (Gonzaga meltdown, starting lineup cards, not knowing recruits’ names, letting players act out in game with no repercussions...)

But if after 6 years we have had one postseason win, then......

He didn't come close in his first 20-win season? (And wasn't that ghe 'Cats' first ever 20-win regular season?) Until this season, his win total increased every year. That's the sign of a good coach over the long run. I told EvanstonCat that there would be the occasional down year and that he was delusional for thinking otherwise. You're delusional too.

He didn't come close in his first 20-win season?

No.

Unless you consider “not in the next 8 out” of the nit, close.

Anyone calling me a troll should take a hike too. I am a bigger diehard fan than any of you on here. You guys just must not know enough about basketball to realize that these concepts arnt working. Yes, we made the tournament ONCE and it took a hail mary. We still are way behind every other power 5 school in Tournament appeaeances.
Trolls are the ones who come on here and call others trolls because they have no insight or anything intelligent to say about basketball. 1 postseason in 5 years, BIG DEAL.

Bill Carmody sucks.

Note that unlike my above statement, this is both supportable and non-hyperbolic.
No I think you suck more. The guy did nothing to you except coach better than the guy we have now. He just had bad luck. He didnt recruit as well but he made us relevent. Collins has made us a one dance wonder, and we suck even worse now.

No I think you suck more. The guy did nothing to you except coach better than the guy we have now. He just had bad luck. He didnt recruit as well but he made us relevent. Collins has made us a one dance wonder, and we suck even worse now.

Obviously bill Carmody is/was a better coach.

The question is- was he a “better” coach for Northwestern?

I’m not so sure.

The relaxing of the academic requirements we enacted with cc should help. The new building should help. Cc making 5 times what BC and staff made, should help.

Cc is raw.

Let’s watch and see.

Anyone calling me a troll should take a hike too. I am a bigger diehard fan than any of you on here. You guys just must not know enough about basketball to realize that these concepts arnt working. Yes, we made the tournament ONCE and it took a hail mary. We still are way behind every other power 5 school in Tournament appeaeances.
Trolls are the ones who come on here and call others trolls because they have no insight or anything intelligent to say about basketball. 1 postseason in 5 years, BIG DEAL.

1) Guess, what? I am not taking a hike, no matter how much you cry about it.

2) You have no idea if you are a bigger fan than me or anyone else here.

3) I know enough about basketball not to call the only coach who has ever brought us to the Dance a "bum". You, on the other hand....

4) We were an 8 seed, so we were comfortably in, "hail mary" or not.

5) Wake me when you say something insightful. All I see is nonsensical "call the touchdown play!" ranting

1) Guess, what? I am not taking a hike, no matter how much you cry about it.

2) You have no idea if you are a bigger fan than me or anyone else here.

3) I know enough about basketball not to call the only coach who has ever brought us to the Dance a "bum". You, on the other hand....

4) We were an 8 seed, so we were comfortably in, "hail mary" or not.

5) Wake me when you say something insightful. All I see is nonsensical "call the touchdown play!" ranting

Donald,

8 seeds are generally Hail Marys. They’re the last teams in. If you don’t like math, then just trust me.

You don’t even know how to calculate the rpi, and still have your strange fixation with random power measure indexes.

Kenpom has us at 177, but mybuddyhooprate has us at 155.

It’s rpi mike. Not sure what your deal is, but google it next time you’re done looking at cc team photos.

Donald,

8 seeds are generally Hail Marys. They’re the last teams in. If you don’t like math, then just trust me.

You don’t even know how to calculate the rpi, and still have your strange fixation with random power measure indexes.

Kenpom has us at 177, but mybuddyhooprate has us at 155.

It’s rpi mike. Not sure what your deal is, but google it next time you’re done looking at cc team photos.

8 seeds are the last four teams in? That is news to USC, Providence, Kansas St. and Wake Forest, who had to play games in Dayton last year, since, of course, they were actually the last four teams in, not MysticCat's fairy-tale last four in. Need to step up your troll game bigly, man.

He didn't come close in his first 20-win season?

No.

Unless you consider “not in the next 8 out” of the nit, close.
Hey buddy, PM me. A spot just opened up at the clinic. We can finally fit you in for that electroconvulsive therapy regimen you've been eyeing for years! Happiness is only a few days (and several treatments) away!

Didn’t he recruit any of your AAU studs?

This thread is a reminder to me, as if I needed any, is that that one constant of many Interweb posters is that they are great on jumping all over a guy when he's down. So Collins the genius of last year is now one of the worst coaches walking? Amazing transformation.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
The guy did nothing to you except coach better than the guy we have now. He just had bad luck. He didnt recruit as well but he made us relevent. Collins has made us a one dance wonder, and we suck even worse now.

And......the troll is revealed!!! LOL

DocCatsfan, maybe?

It's pretty obvious it's one of those guys.

I think there's also a person or two out here running multiple accounts.

Show me the guy working friends in the background to post or creating multiple accounts to pretend his view is gathering some type of acceptance and I'll show you the saddest guy out here

I disagree.

Cc is learning. He potentially can play any style if he gets the recruits. He looks and acts like a rookie now, he won’t always. Our current talent level just isn’t very good. Cc isn’t currently a great coach by any stretch. Does that mean he NEVER will be? Of course not.

But either he or his players must jump up a quantum very soon.

Too early to blame cc. 8 guys on this team couldn’t score 10 points in 40 minutes in an empty gym.

But I just still can’t believe that he lets kids WALK back up the court on defense and then they get to start the very next game.

He’s undisciplined and emotional and young: that can be good, that can be deadly (Gonzaga meltdown, starting lineup cards, not knowing recruits’ names, letting players act out in game with no repercussions...)

But if after 6 years we have had one postseason win, then......
U r correct
Bench Lindsey and start Gaines or Brown. He is absolutely killing us!

It's pretty obvious it's one of those guys.

I think there's also a person or two out here running multiple accounts.

Show me the guy working friends in the background to post or creating multiple accounts to pretend his view is gathering some type of acceptance and I'll show you the saddest guy out here

My thought, as well. He and Mystic to the ignore list.

Honestly, I don't think it's any of the names mentioned. And generally, I don't care.

But I do know one thing we should keep in mind. Every time ... EVERY time one of these little *@#%$&^ gets anywhere close to called out ... poof ... they disappear into mountain caves of cyberspace.

You may have missed it but I've done it a few times:).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT