ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for VIP area type passes for Illini game

Fitz51

Oct 21, 2008
Chicago
So, I'd like to take my 3 year-old daughter to the Illini game, but she'll never survive being outside that long with no real place to move around. So I was thinking of trying to snag some VIP passes for the area up top on the west side. Does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to purchase two?

So, I'd like to take my 3 year-old daughter to the Illini game, but she'll never survive being outside that long with no real place to move around. So I was thinking of trying to snag some VIP passes for the area up top on the west side. Does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to purchase two?
$200 Million towards the Ryan rebuild should do the trick.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
Contact your ticket rep and/or ticket office. It can't hurt. Worst thing that will happen is they'll say no.

I have an out of the box idea. If you hope to attend the game for a while, I would purchase 4 or 6 regular tickets on StubHub for as low a price possible, plus 1 parking pass in either the east or west lot. Go for the game as long as you can, exit the stadium and sit in your car to warm up, and then re-enter. In addition to that, purchase those hand warming packets and bring a blanket to sit on and one to cover you both.

In the meantime, watch Saturday's game with her and get her fired up to attend in person. You may make it to the second half with this plan.

I have an out of the box idea. If you hope to attend the game for a while, I would purchase 4 or 6 regular tickets on StubHub for as low a price possible, plus 1 parking pass in either the east or west lot. Go for the game as long as you can, exit the stadium and sit in your car to warm up, and then re-enter. In addition to that, purchase those hand warming packets and bring a blanket to sit on and one to cover you both.

In the meantime, watch Saturday's game with her and get her fired up to attend in person. You may make it to the second half with this plan.
I like this. Stubhub tickets for $6, and if you use the cheap tickets to reenter, but keep the original stubs you can go back to your original seat. An extra $36 gives you entry for each quarter.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I like this. Stubhub tickets for $6, and if you use the cheap tickets to reenter, but keep the original stubs you can go back to your original seat. An extra $36 gives you entry for each quarter.
I have employed this strategy a few times, not to warm up in my car but to grab a refreshment or two at halftime. Necessity is the mother of innovation...

What are the parking passes going for on StubHub?

I'll have a parking pass available for the game (probably two). I will be out of town.

I may or may not go to that game. Will decide after Minny. I have one seat in the Wildcat Den (ceiling heaters), and an idea how you could make that work. If you still need a solution after Saturday, let me know.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I never thought about cheap tickets as a strategy to allow more tailgating at halftime. You, sir, are a genius.

Reactions: Fitz51
I never thought about cheap tickets as a strategy to allow more tailgating at halftime. You, sir, are a genius.
The number of tickets we had for Minny last year looked like a full deck of Bicycle cards, Jokers included. Don’t think I would have made it without the overhang in the West Stands and the vehicle of one of our esteemed regulars for halftime.

I can’t believe some of you guys never thought of this. First of all, you save on concessions. Why drop $20-30 on bad food and overpriced Coke when you can spend $12, and eat and drinks what you want? Second, no lines - concessions or bathrooms.

No brainer. This is why it’s good in a weird, backwards sort of way that we don’t sell out every single seat of every single game.

You wouldn’t believe all the good ideas I’ve never thought of.

I can’t believe some of you guys never thought of this. First of all, you save on concessions. Why drop $20-30 on bad food and overpriced Coke when you can spend $12, and eat and drinks what you want? Second, no lines - concessions or bathrooms.

No brainer. This is why it’s good in a weird, backwards sort of way that we don’t sell out every single seat of every single game.

Would like to make this work. Lou and Florida guy have my e-mail. Thanks.
I might not have your email address. I lost a very large number of addresses a while back in a hard drive crash. Since you are a paid member and he is not, you might want to send him a personal message to which he can respond.

Could likely use the bathrooms at Welsh Ryan as in the past it was open for FB games. Ah, an nice warm place for.... Better than an outhouse. Check before the game to be sure. The women in your group will likely appreciate this. You might be ok with the outhouse but they won't be

Could likely use the bathrooms at Welsh Ryan as in the past it was open for FB games. Ah, an nice warm place for.... Better than an outhouse. Check before the game to be sure. The women in your group will likely appreciate this. You might be ok with the outhouse but they won't be
It was on a Statesville like lockdown for the ND game.

My daughter’s first game was a cold one against Illinois at age 3. First thing, put those little feet in a sock, then a twist tie baggie without the twist tie over the sock, and then another sock. Get seats in the upper deck toward the 20. Sit away from anyone. Let her slide down the bannisters. Let her climb the aisles. If she is in a snow suit, she will not feel a thing if she falls. You can let her run the ramps which is a great half time activity. For the 2nd half, a box of popcorn and hot chocolate works well. Buy her a furry Willie hat. She will look cute as heck. Cheer her on during the game. Get Pom poms so she can cheer. If you have fun, she will too. My daughter, who is my youngest is in her 11th year of going to games with Dad.

Fitz51,

Check your PM.

ADVERTISEMENT