ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like JJTBC has dropped on depth chart

TheC

May 29, 2001
Chargers rookie RB getting reps ahead of Justin behind Eckler. Not a good year for NFL Cats on the offensive side of the ball.

Just said that JJ is hurt... again. And the rookie looks really good.

It's hard to recall when JJ was injured at NU - I think we're talking some number of plays, but zero games. Bad break for him now that Gordon is gone.

Reactions: catman2
Given the number of touches he had, I was always amazed and impressed by how durable JJTBC was at NU. He did have a talent for avoiding really hard direct hits

Well, I've said this about some of our other guys and I'll say it again: if the Chargers don't want him, I'll take him on the Bears. For whatever reason, Pace doesn't seem to value my opinion on these things . . . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Just said that JJ is hurt... again. And the rookie looks really good.
I think the announcers said he had an injury to his right thigh. The rookie did look good yesterday, think he is from UCLA. Chargers escaped with a win after kicker pulled a muscle and the fg attempt. A game the Chargers of last season would find a way to lose. The new Chargers qb looked pretty mobile, quite a contrast from the immobile statue qb style of former Chargers long-starting qb Philip Rivers. Hope our guy gets a shot at time at rb once he recovers. The Chargers will need him for their running game.

Another player that was ruled out late in the game was running back Justin Jackson, with a quad injury. "We’re not sure how severe that is. We’ll try to work him in practice some time this week if he can. It will be a day-to-day deal,” Lynn said about Jackson.

I think the announcers said he had an injury to his right thigh. The rookie did look good yesterday, think he is from UCLA. Chargers escaped with a win after kicker pulled a muscle and the fg attempt. A game the Chargers of last season would find a way to lose. The new Chargers qb looked pretty mobile, quite a contrast from the immobile statue qb style of former Chargers long-starting qb Philip Rivers. Hope our guy gets a shot at time at rb once he recovers. The Chargers will need him for their running game.
As a Bengal fan that game ending was pretty typical.

The rookie had another good game; availability is the #1 thing in the NFL, esp at the RB spot where there are tons of fresh bodies looking for carries.

JJ could have somewhat solidified his position on the roster last season when Gordon was sitting out, but got injured.

The rookie had another good game; availability is the #1 thing in the NFL, esp at the RB spot where there are tons of fresh bodies looking for carries.

JJ could have somewhat solidified his position on the roster last season when Gordon was sitting out, but got injured.

Kelly looks VERY good and so does Ekeler. JJTBC will have to play well to get PT when he heals. His rare injuries are ill-timed.

Reactions: WestCoastWildcat

Is it challenging rooting for the Chargers after they vacated San Diego? Tonight the transplanted to Las Vegas team will be playing their first home game. Reportedly the bars there just opened up today so fans across the city can share in the home experience.

I agree about Kelley and Ekeler both looking good the first two games. Ekeler has a history of being injury-prone. There were a lot of players injured across the league yesterday so I think Justin still will see time over the course of the season esp to replace Ekeler when he is out. Two running backs will not last the entire season without time out for injuries. The rookie qb from Oregon got a start at the last minute and looked pretty good as well. They gave the defending champs Chiefs a tough game, the Chiefs fg kicker is made of ice- 3 attempts at the end from long distance and he made them all in OT.

Reactions: rmndcat
I agree about Kelley and Ekeler both looking good the first two games. Ekeler has a history of being injury-prone. There were a lot of players injured across the league yesterday so I think Justin still will see time over the course of the season esp to replace Ekeler when he is out. Two running backs will not last the entire season without time out for injuries. The rookie qb from Oregon got a start at the last minute and looked pretty good as well. They gave the defending champs Chiefs a tough game, the Chiefs fg kicker is made of ice- 3 attempts at the end from long distance and he made them all in OT.
While there are a ton of differences between the Bengals and the Chiefs, I can't help but notice how good teams make their kicks at the end.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT