ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the Big Ten season may be on, but...

Gladeskat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2004
Northwestern, Illinois, Rutgers, and Maryland will not be playing.

Don't know if this is true or not, but if true this could set the program back some

Don't know if this is true or not, but if true this could set the program back some
Let's get on board for COVID spread to keep the program moving forward. GOUNU, screw the rest of them. /S

Last edited:
This is f***ing bull****. You’re telling me that Michigan OSU Wisconsin etc are practicing in full pads TODAY prepping for a season, getting better one day at a time, while our guys are playing slap***k at home?

With all the travel restrictions, Trump wouldn't be able to pull this off himself, let alone with the help of Warren

Don't know if he right or not
Here’s why I think he’s wrong, and I’m thinking Glades chugged a jug of WickerTurk’s Panhandle Moonshine to post this as a valid source in the OP:
  • If four teams sit out, there would only be ten left by my simple math
  • There will be no teams available for them to play non-conference at their later date
  • So a 10 game schedule would require each team to play every other B1G once, and one other B1G team twice - which isn’t feasible or humane
  • Also... it’s source on Twitter is somebody with no B1G or CFB affiliation named “SirYacht”??
Other thoughts?

Here’s why I think he’s wrong, and I’m thinking Glades chugged a jug of WickerTurk’s Panhandle Moonshine to post this as a valid source in the OP:
  • There will be no teams available for them to play non-conference at their later date
  • So a 10 game schedule would require each team to play every other B1G once, and one other B1G team twice - which isn’t feasible or humane
  • Also... it’s source on Twitter is somebody with no B1G or CFB affiliation named “SirYacht”??
Other thoughts?

Looks like maybe you overlooked language like "looks like" and "maybe". Sorry that I didn't provide the link to the tweet but I had better things to do and only saw that tweet in passing. Football is the last thing on my mind right now.

Reactions: CatVideos
Looks like maybe you overlooked language like "looks like" and "maybe". Sorry that I didn't provide the link to the tweet but I had better things to do and only saw that tweet in passing. Football is the last thing on my mind right now.
Same here, football has dropped steeply as a priority. Twitter maybe the bane of our existence. Although sometimes it looks like a valuable platform.

I don’t trust anything that’s sourced on there most of the time. It’s much more likely to be generated by some bot or TikTok “Yacht star” than a legitimate source.

There have been other reporting independent of "SirYacht."

Here is one from today (Thursday afternoon) from the Detroit paper that quotes Jim Harbaugh giving credence to the prospect of B1G Play starting in October:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...im-harbaugh-big-ten-october-start/5705821002/

Jeff Snook has also confirmed there will be a vote today. SirYacht seems to be reporting that it may be a unanimous vote, but also allowing teams to opt out. And as of last night, NU was one of the 4 teams that were leaning towards not playing. Harbaugh has also told his players to get ready for an October start.

Gonna be an interesting day.

Other thoughts?
I mean I don’t really think this is happening, but it would be easy enough to play a 9 game round robin if there were 10 teams in. What’s the practical difference between 10 and 9 at this point...

Jeff Snook has also confirmed there will be a vote today. SirYacht seems to be reporting that it may be a unanimous vote, but also allowing teams to opt out. And as of last night, NU was one of the 4 teams that were leaning towards not playing. Harbaugh has also told his players to get ready for an October start.

Gonna be an interesting day.
Please don’t have 10 play and 4 not play!

Reactions: plstrmn27
And then what?? Just hope shit goes sideways and you get to say I told you so? Every other league in the country is moving forward, college and pro. The B1G is likely going to try, and you want NU to opt out? Unbelievable.

Go U, NU!

And then what?? Just hope shit goes sideways and you get to say I told you so? Every other league in the country is moving forward, college and pro. The B1G is likely going to try, and you want NU to opt out? Unbelievable.
Well I will totally agree with 51. The possibility of numerous cases happening and maybe a death or two is what is "unbelievable"!

Well I will totally agree with 51. The possibility of numerous cases happening and maybe a death or two is what is "unbelievable"!
There’s a better chance they get struck by lightning, but we are all entitled to our opinion.

There’s a better chance they get struck by lightning, but we are all entitled to our opinion.
I would think that over 190,000 deaths in the U.S. says it all. Just wondering, how many many deaths were caused by lightening strikes?

IHME is projecting 410,000 by the end of the year. A great time for football.

I would think that over 190,000 deaths in the U.S. says it all. Just wondering, how many many deaths were caused by lightening strikes?
In people between the ages of 18-22 basically zero! Healthy people don’t need to quarantine, people with pre-existing conditions do! If you have a pre-existing condition....protect yourself! Let the rest of the world LIVE THEIR LIFE!

In people between the ages of 18-22 basically zero! Healthy people don’t need to quarantine, people with pre-existing conditions do! If you have a pre-existing condition....protect yourself! Let the rest of the world LIVE THEIR LIFE!

Every armchair epidemiologist can go blow this shit out their ****ing asses. You can’t will nature to be what you want it to be.

Reactions: willycat
No Big 10 team will play this year without the Conference blessing. If the conference give's the go-ahead either by vote or proxy, teams may be able to opt out which would make things interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT